Meals that are low cal/fat and don't require an oven?

Options
I don't mind if they're ready meals or proper recipes :)
I've only got a working hob and microwave and wondering if anyone had any ideas? :)

Replies

• manny_bee
    manny_bee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    hormel compleats. sara lee 45 cal bread, fat free cheese slices, ham. spinach and strawberry salad.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    mix together turkey pepperoni, veggies, pizza sauce, and cheese. Stuff pita pocket, microwave till cheese melts. :wink:
  • dreamer4
    dreamer4 Posts: 27
    Options
    Our stove broke and we had to wait 3 weeks until the new one could get here. We have found a good bit that can be done on the grill.
    -Wheat flat bread stuffed with grilled portabella and a side salad with home made dressing. Ok...trick for the dressing....crystal light oil/vinegar. Pick whatever flavor you want for the day. ;-) I like their raspberry. (One of the good things about having a husband for a chef. The bad part has parked itself on my *kitten* and Hips. :-/ lol.) My favorite for the salad is the spring mix or baby spinach we can get at Walmart.
    -If you like tomato soup...I like the V8 heated up. Get the low sodium kind but it is a MUCH healthier version.
    -some fish cook well in the microwave and we have done fish in it with some herbs and olive oil or you can use a George Forman.
    -oatmeal in the microwave. Throw in some dried fruit for a change of flavor.
    -corn on the cob in the microwave.
    -Couscous can be done with veggies in the microwave.
    -try some RAW cookbooks. Some of the stuff is good and some is not.
  • tfajardo
    tfajardo Posts: 2
    Options
    I actually love this recipe
  • tfajardo
    tfajardo Posts: 2
    Options
    Sorry,

1 small pita
    2 tbsp hummas
    1 tbsp feta cheese
    1/4 avodaco
    8 grape tomatoes
    2 tbsp Salsa

spread the hummas and put everything else on like a pizza...really delish and at 320 a great dinner, with no oven or microwave!