Salad?

Options
melnia89
melnia89 Posts: 34 Member
I'm not too big into salads... but I have some leftover lettuce and tomato for last nights dinner. Any ideas on what else to include that could be low calorie and filling?

Replies

• marshalemar
    marshalemar Posts: 106
    Options
    Grilled chicken is always a good healthy addition.
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    grilled chicken, nuts, egg (hardboiled), a bit of cheese (the harder the cheese, the more protein, I believe), cottage cheese, greek yogurt (as dressing).

but not all at once... or it wont be low-calorie anymore. lol.

Bon Appetite!
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Taco meat
  • Tcnorman
    Tcnorman Posts: 16
    Options
    Put it in a wrap or sandwich!
  • kristie778
    kristie778 Posts: 51
    Options
    Boiled egg white, parmesan cheese, a little oil and vinegar or other oil-based dressing - I know it has plenty of calories, but you do need some good fat in your life to help you absorb fat-soluble vitamins.
  • yojibalinese
    Options
    My favorite lunch is a salad with black beans (rinsed thoroughly to get rid of the salt), red grapes (sliced in half), tomatoes and cucumbers with light French dressing. Also a bit of tuna or something silly like 1/4 a serving of gold fish crackers (about 14) really jazz up a salad!
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Taco meat

Make a taco wrap.... mmmm maybe I should make that..... lol
  • BarbelleBaby
    Options
    Tuna :) Lemon juice and pepper if you want to liven it up without added fat!

If you have carbs left throw some pasta in? If you have more protein then it'd be fish or hard boiled egg for me x
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I agree with above post. You could also add Tuna, Sliced Beef, Fruit or Beans along with any vegetables you like to make it more filling.
  • smile72101
    smile72101 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just made myself a salad with left over "taco meat" (aka ground chicken, can of rotel tomoatoes) and added in black olives and some light sour cream....

it was yummy....I am not huge on salads either but like it with "hot" things (chicken/taco filling etc) and beans...
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    craisens, grilled chicken....

Or you can check out Hungry Girl for some salad recipes....

http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1555

http://www.hungry-girl.com/show/episodes/lean-and-green
  • osucristina
    osucristina Posts: 197
    Options
    cut up some chicken breast into bite size chunks, bread with ww panko breadcrumbs, bake. then toss with buffalo sauce and broil for a couple minutes! So filling and tastes like it should be bad for you! I eat mine with Annie's Cowgirl Ranch
  • sushisuzi2
    sushisuzi2 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Chicken, and pineapple with a bit of cheese, and hardboiled egg.

Shoot, I make hot dog salads if that's all I have. (easing off the hot dogs now though)
  • melnia89
    melnia89 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You guys are great! Thanks for all the ideas! Looking forward to making my salad today!
  • jabbogurl
    jabbogurl Posts: 193
    Options
    You could do a wrap or a Turkey blt, or even a grilled chicken sandwich with lettuce and tomato...
  • pammye65
    pammye65 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    kristie...i love your Signature! So True