How many calories do you think (odd question)

Options
So I went on a 5 minute jog carrying my 23lb toddler I know odd lol .. How many calories do you think I should enter (roughly) just to keep track ...

Replies

• pbe21577
    pbe21577 Posts: 6
    Options
    If I am unsure, I always underestimate on calories burned on exercise and over estimate on calories from food....
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt bother. Consider it a bonus 30-40 calories (maybe).
    Its not really "exercise" unless you keep your heart rate elevated for 10 minutes.
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    i feel bad saying this but i wouldn't even log 5 minutes. 20 is my minimum. you really don't start burning fat until around 15-20 minutes.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I would log it in especially if you have a sedetary lifestyle...I log mine under carrying infant or 15lb load
  • kristinwalker
    kristinwalker Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing and since I have had an HRM it has been easy to track but before then I used the following link and just added the weight of my son (27 lbs) to my weight and entered it then it gave me an approximate burn rate. Remember that the baby you are carrying is not the same as the extra weight on your body since the weight is not living tissue working in sync with yours but it is a good estimate!!
    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calories_burned.htm

once you enter the weight scroll down to find a list of activites and burned calories!

Hope this helps!
  • emsibun
    emsibun Posts: 208
    Options
    I only log 20 mins or more since fat burn would happen around this time.

However a 5 min jog might be 40 calories? Were you carrying your toddler? That would raise it somewhat - perhaps to 60 calories. :smile:
  • kristinwalker
    kristinwalker Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt bother. Consider it a bonus 30-40 calories (maybe).
    Its not really "exercise" unless you keep your heart rate elevated for 10 minutes.

I would count it. Your heart rate will stay up a few minutes after you are done jogging. I encourage you to log everything you eat and everything you burn just the same! You know the intensity of the workout you got!
  • georgiag111
    georgiag111 Posts: 424
    Options
    Thanks everyone Im always carrying him around and my 11 lb baby but this time he wanted to "jog" with me and was out of breath by around 5 minutes no way I couldve went longer with out dying haha!
  • georgiag111
    Options
    I only log 20 mins or more since fat burn would happen around this time.

However a 5 min jog might be 40 calories? Were you carrying your toddler? That would raise it somewhat - perhaps to 60 calories. :smile:

yes carried him in my arms the whole way and he was "struggling to get down so had to shift him alot
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    Thanks everyone Im always carrying him around and my 11 lb baby but this time he wanted to "jog" with me and was out of breath by around 5 minutes no way I couldve went longer with out dying haha!

i give you props for even doing it!!!!! my daughter is 22 pounds. no way shes jogging with me!!!!!
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    So I went on a 5 minute jog carrying my 23lb toddler I know odd lol .. How many calories do you think I should enter (roughly) just to keep track ...

My mom would say, "You what? You are going to break your back doing that!" lol I would be jogging right over to the chiropractor after that. That could possibly burn another 40 calories! :wink:
  • georgiag111
    Options

My mom would say, "You what? You are going to break your back doing that!" lol I would be jogging right over to the chiropractor after that. That could possibly burn another 40 calories! :wink:

ha it wasnt that bad LOL With me having 6 kids my back is already broken , no but really wasnt that bad the worse part wasnt my arms or even back it was remember to BREATH!