Stuck In My Weight Loss Journey/ ACV CHALLENGE

Options
AndrelleJohnson
AndrelleJohnson Posts: 47 Member
edited January 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
So I've been stuck in my weight loss journey for about 2 months now. And need help, advice, articles... so pretty much anything to help me get moving again.

My calorie thingy was 1430 and losing 1.5 pounds a week but I changed it because I know I won't be able to exercise as much now cause I got classes next week. So now it's set to 1680 and 1pound per week and I set it to my overall weight goal of 160. Will this help me better?

I was also thinking about doing the Apple Cider Vinegar challenge/detox to kind of get my body moving. Have anyone tried this? Does it help? Is it water weight being lost or fat?

HELP ME PLEASE.

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    1680 is a good idea. :)
    The detox is a bad idea.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Stick to your calorie goal and log with a scale when you can.
    When you can't use a scale use your best guess from the data base, overestimate rather than under.
    Sat in class doesn't help burn calories, but walking around between classes does. Keep your non exercise activity as high as you can.
    Have you changed you activity level to sedentary, with a lower weekly loss goal?

I wonder because the jump from active and 1.5 loss to sedentary with a 1lbs goal is a bit off, recalculate your cals now, and again every 5 lbs.lose. Your caloric needs diminish as you get lighter.

Cheers, h.
  • AndrelleJohnson
    AndrelleJohnson Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've changed my activity level to mighty active because I will be walking 1mile or 2 per day to catch the bus to class. And if I'm understanding you correctly I should go back to 1.5- 2lbs for my loss?
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    No, keep to the 1lb a week. I was just confused at how you had derived your new numbers.
    You may have to juggle them a bit depending on your walking, but it is all good.

Cheers, h.