Early 30s need to lose 140lbs - looking for a buddy

Options
I'm 31 in desperate need to loose weight 140lbs to be exact. After being overweight all my life I have decided I need to loose weight for me. I also have PCOS but don't feel like that this is a factor in my weight, I had always been chubby as a child.
I have started with new year new start. So if there is anyone with similar goals who would like someone to be accountable to add me.

Replies

• jenjens86
    jenjens86 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 and want to loose between 80-100 lb. I was larger when I was a child then lost it all as a teenager but then gained it back and more when I had my children. Add me if you like :)
  • SalubriousGyrl
    SalubriousGyrl Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me as well. My goal is to lose 80lbs in one year. Let's motivate each other.
  • punkyb07
    punkyb07 Posts: 43 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm 28 yo, feel free to add me as well. I have lost about 60 lbs and would like to lose 60 more.
  • Fitwarrior7_Round_2
    Fitwarrior7_Round_2 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    What is PCOS?
  • chris8190000
    chris8190000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new on here looking for motivation needing to lose 50 pounds can use people cheering each other on
  • StefanieDenine
    StefanieDenine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm nearly a week shy of turning 34, and looking to lose 80-100 pounds. Feel free to add me.
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    What is PCOS?

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome which can end up being quite dangerous if not treated.

@skaur08 - weight gain and difficulty losing weight IS a very common symptom of PCOS so I wouldn't discount it completely.

Best of luck to you.
  • AutumnMarie3639
    AutumnMarie3639 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Adding you all :) I was diagnosed with PCOS a year and a half ago at 22. I have 150ish pounds is like to loose.
  • misssssssy
    misssssssy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm right about the same place as you... Without any health issues, thankfully. I am doing it different this time around and I'm trying to get positive people on my feed for support and motivation. Please feel free to add me if you like!
  • jenniferspurr1687
    Options
    I'm 28 and gained 30lbs due to a medication. I want to be down to 140lbs. Feel free to add me too! I love to share recipes!
  • kissedbythesunshine
    kissedbythesunshine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 and had around 75lbs to lose. Lost 25 needing about 50 more gone. Feel free to add me. It was so hard for me to stop overeating but has gotten easier with time. Good luck on your goals. You can do this!
  • sarahlyd
    sarahlyd Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am 31 and have at least 100 pounds to lose. Ideally, I'd like to lose 150, but that is going to be a long road. Feel free to add me.
  • dlunsford78
    dlunsford78 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hello....currently I'm weighing in at 260lbs and my all time goal is to be 165lbs but don't get me wrong 199 and I'll be doing cartwheels! I'm looking for friends as well to help my on my journey so you may add me as well as anyone reading this... <3
  • karierogers
    karierogers Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in my thirties and Looking to loose 50lbs! I would love to be a part of your journey!
  • Juliesq57
    Juliesq57 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Garmin Vivofit an linked it to mfp. Really hoping it encourages me to lose about 110-120 lbs. I am 58 y.o. and have 3 beautiful grandkids I'd love to see grow up. I'm not sure how to "add" people but I'd like to be inspired by you all, so...what do I need to do now?...LOL
  • owlprincess1234
    owlprincess1234 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm 30, have about 80-100lbs to lose. I joined a while ago and dropped out after 3 days. I've added people from a few different threads hoping to gain some accountability and friendships. My mother has type 2 diabetes and my brother was recently hospitalized with the onset of his. If I want to stay disease free I need to get serious and make some positive changes.
  • limegreen_245
    limegreen_245 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat! And I'd thin
  • limegreen_245
    limegreen_245 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Think* it would be great to support each other!! :) add if you'd like :)
  • sontahmaria
    sontahmaria Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I was diagnosed with PCOS at 14, & now almost 7 years later & married, it's worse than ever. After I got married in 2013 I gained another 50IBS on top of the excess weight I already had. Hoping to lose 100. Like someone else said, ideally I would say 150, but at this point I can't even imagine how great it will feel to be down 100. I really need to get my health together. I'm married, & I know we eventually want to start our own little family & there's no way I can do that with this condition right now. I gotta get my PCOS under control..
    It's tough. I mean as you all know, PCOS sucks! Especially when trying to lose weight. Plus- My husband is a really big snacker, & loves getting home from work and having us binge watch our Netflix shows and snack, lol.
    But I gotta do this. I gotta get healthy.
  • WCCmommy
    WCCmommy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS. I'm looking to lose 40 pounds and would love some more friends. Feel free to add me.