New User

Options
Hi there! I am new to this website! I hope it will help keep me accountable, and motivated! :smile:

Replies

• jenh1101
    jenh1101 Posts: 45
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I love the site, it definitely has kept me motivated!
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    This is a great site w/ much to offer. Just try to stay involved by posting/commenting and you'll be fine! There are great people all over the site who are so motivational you'll find it hard to not want to keep coming back for more.
    Good luck to you and remember to have fun w/ it all!
  • nrl51859
    nrl51859 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, my motivation has mostly come from my family. I decided at 174 lbs., 5'2" and the age of 52 that I needed to lose weight to stay healthy (mother and sister have diabetes with no history in our family). Last november I decided to start a program 'solutions for life' and it worked for me to get my habits changed. I spent two months prior to starting the program talking to all my family and co-workers. They have all supported me, we seldom go out to eat and I have been able to change my habits. Don't get me wrong, I would love a pizza, but I eat alot of frozen dinners, protein bars and fruits and veg's (smart ones, lean cuisine, etc.) my favorite is using a protein shake with fruit in it. I keep my calories under 1200. I have lost 36 lbs. since January without exercise (I have a bad foot). I plan to start exercising and getting surgery on my foot so I can up the calories and enjoy more food. I have not been hungry 90% of the time. I started using this tool in May and no longer am in the solutions for life. I have been able to keep up my habits on my own. I am trying to get down 10 more lbs. I have averaged 6 lbs. per month. When we have family get togethers I bring my own food and when we go out to eat I eat before we go and have a vegetable or side salad.