here i go again, back at it the struggle is real

Options
2016 here i come

Replies

• susanortiz
    susanortiz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Trying again to l8se this weight on a 1300 calories a day ,any suggestions any one ..is this to much or to little calories
  • AlexanderWaddell
    AlexanderWaddell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey, good luck on the journey ahead. I'm just starting my weight loss journey now and have tried to read up on as much information as possible. 1300 sounds like a really low amount of calories for starting though, i'd say you should probably set a higher goal and lower it as you progress. Best of luck, added you!
  • mikebooker1
    mikebooker1 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I believe when you set your profile up it asked for your current height and weight. Based off that it does some calculations of the amount calories you can eat. 1300 does seem low but I'm 6'5 295. My number is 2020 calories per day.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,003 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4.75". Mfp has me at 1200 to lose 1.5 pounds per week. That is low, but it is doable. I think if I change my goal to 1 pound per week it gives me 1280. It depends on how tall you are and how much you have to lose. The minimum for women is 1200 and the minimum for men is 1500. I burn about 300 calories from exercise and I usually eat about half of that back so I usually have around 1300 per day. If you feel that isn't enough add 100 or so calories per day and see if you still lose. It might just take a little longer, but losing slowly is really the best way.
  • susanortiz
    susanortiz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone thanks so much for the feedback, i believe i kn8w what my problem was and I saw was only because i wont be making that mistake again. ..i believe i was eating way to much fruit i was having a smoothies sometimes twice a day with lots os vegetables in it but i believe it was the fruits, i was researching and i found out that one should have 1 1/2 to 2 cups of fruit daily ,i was eating way to m6ch at times i would eat 3 to 4 serving of fruits a day ,what are your thoughts, n thanks @AlexanderWaddell for adding me ..
  • Dallas97701
    Dallas97701 Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    1300 sounds low to me, too. But I'm 69, 6', pretty active male. I don't particularly care for additional exercise but hey.....55 min. on the treadmill gives me 600 calories more. If I have a good breakfast somewhere around 10 AM, skip lunch...then I can have a good supper and still stay under my cal. goal (with that extra for exercise!)
    I'd rather work up a sweat, to eat a little more. Holidays are the worst. This year added 13 lbs.
  • J383
    J383 Posts: 4,573 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You should be able to have as much fruit as you wish(within your calorie base). Only say that based on the research I have done. I have 2 protein shakes a day, one with lunch and one as a snack. They include fruit, yogurt, chia seeds, spinach, and whatever else I decide to throw in them. My calories for the day is 1220 and I am always under. I eat more carrots and bananas through out the day. Really depends on the lifestyle change you have chosen. I say lifestyle because diets are temporary. You are welcome to add me, good luck on your journey to the new you 2016.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    susanortiz wrote: »
    Trying again to l8se this weight on a 1300 calories a day ,any suggestions any one ..is this to much or to little calories

Does your weekly weight loss goal fit in this schedule?

Pound per week goals
    75+ lbs set to lose 2 lb range
    Between 40 - 75 lbs set to lose 1.5 lb range
    Between 25-40 lbs set to lose 1 lb range
    Between 15-25 lbs set to lose 1 -.50 lb range
    Less than 15 lbs set to lose 0.5 lbs range

The higher your weekly goal....the lower your daily calories. But keep in mind MFP gave you a calorie goal before exercise. So if you plan to exercise you will earn more calories. But be careful of calorie burn estimates, MFP can be pretty generous.