I need help!

Options
I've been doing strength training and cardio pretty evenly interspersed thru out the week. I also have a gigantor sweet tooth which I cannot shake. I cannot do without sweet treats everyday or else it leads to binging on like an entire sam's club cake in less than a week (seriously I did it and I'm not ashamed.) I have been working on loosing weight for over a year and a half. I'm kinda burned out. I had lost 50 lbs but now I gained some and lost 42 lbs. I had twins but I was always around 170 before now. I have 20 lbs to go and I need help. I am loosing slowly now but how do I get below my belly button toned. It looks great laying down (LOL) but once I stand up I look like I could be 4-5 months preggie. I've done so many ab workouts which I feel as I'm doing them but the second I stand up I don't feel the exercise "pain" anymore. Does anyone have this problem too and have been able to at least tone it down? Is it normal to always have that baby pooch right there? What can I do b/c I definately don't want to get a tummy tuck. Once I loose the last 20 lbs will it look different than it does now??

Replies

• millermichellelea
    Options
    Two things ~~~~~ that work for me....truvia on strawberries with sugar free whip topping [sometimes the sugar free angel food cake]

2nd thing is that if you are craving sweets that badly the yeast is out of control in your body and yeast needs sugar to grow, thus you crave it. A friend of mine that is a health nut fanatic told me that and I thought she was crazy. Well, took her advice and got acidophilus pills at GNC --voila no cravings within three days~~~ I now keep them handy. If I run out of them when I get to sugar craving I get the above items --yum yum about 65 calories for the serving.

:smile: yoga and pilates are perfect for the stomach tone
  • aejbx4x7s
    aejbx4x7s Posts: 111
    Options
    I have a similar problem - I gain weight in my mid region, right below my belly button. I always have that pooch! Abs workouts help some, but the only thing that has really made a difference for me is weightloss. I have a huge sweet tooth, also, and the only thing I've found is to quit cold turkey on sweets. Otherwise, I binge. Recently, I've allowed myself to have some dark chocolate at the end of the day if my calories allow it, but I always walk to the store to buy a small amount then. If I keep it in my apartment, I will eat it all.

I used to be around 170 and then have yo-yo'ed between 150 and 130s since. I recently decided to try to stick to 135 and so I cut out all sweets; I had been eating like 4 candy bars a day (I'm not ashamed, either)! I have to say, after cutting out sweets I don't crave them as much and it has really cut down on the pounds.

So, basically, I've found that while working out helps with the pooch the only way to really cut it down is to lose weight.
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Tell me about the sweets thing! every day is not complete without a chocolatey treat! ;P
    the second poster is right though, yeast needs sugar to grow and i'm sure there's an imbalance in our bodies. when i have greek yogurt i often crave less sweets. you have to make sure the bacteria in your intestines is equally balanced between beneficial and negative little bacterias. but a yeast overgrowth = major sweet cravings.
    not to mention the havoc you are making for your pancreas. that little guy deals with all sugars in our bodies (from carbs and refined table sugar), so if you're going to have sweets...please, PLEASE do it with your body in mind. use sweeteners that are low glycemic like agave syrup instead of honey/white sugar.. or go for dark chocolate with cherries and toffee, things that help to cut the bitterness. always keep your precious temple of a body in mind.