Starting out exercises from home?

Options
13»

Replies

• AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Tabata. Fitnessblender.com You'll need a tabata timer that you can download on your phone and about 30 minutes. No special equipment required.
  • dkingdom1
    dkingdom1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I use Blogilates because Cassie's workouts are amazing (even though I don't agree with some of her ideas, but. ). It's on YouTube. I'm taking a break from the gym right now (and just what I need too).
  • kialea22
    kialea22 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I personally do not like gyms(bad experience)!
    I bought a pedometer, and my phone has a built in one as well. I use both to calculate my walking distance. I will be investing in a nicer one soon.

I just walk lots of walking, its amazing(outside, inside around my house, anywhere!)
    I literally throw on my headphones, blast some music, and walk back and forth around my apartment. Before you know it I am jogging in place, dancing, and having fun.(looking like a fool though)

I check my pedometer at the end of the day, say 7 pm if I have not done much activity I feel guilty! The numbers make it real for me and upset me! So that is my motivation to get moving.
    Also I went pinterest crazy looking at workouts! https://www.pinterest.com/kialea22/fitness/

I have a entire board about the subject.
    I started with buying small weights 3, 5, 8, & 10's.
    I use the 3's when I walk to just keep my arms busy. I use 5 or 8 to do simple arm exercises curls, lateral raises, etc...
    For the heavier weights I use them to squat and lunge with! There are hundreds of workouts you can do. Try looking some up on you tube, google or like I mentioned pinterest! (good ol' internet)

Hope this helped a bit:)
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    AlphaCajun wrote: »
    Tabata. Fitnessblender.com You'll need a tabata timer that you can download on your phone and about 30 minutes. No special equipment required.

FitnessBlender times the workout for you. Just exercise in front of your lap top and go.
  • multivenue
    multivenue Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Another vote for fitness blender here. Started it a couple of years ago and all went well.....till I decided to slow down a bit, a complete halt for the last year. So back on the waggon with intention to make proper lifestyle changes. I bought (honestly these are so cheap it hardly seems like supporting them at all), three of their programmes to give me an ordered structure and have just started back into the 4 week low impact for beginners. This plus 2 of the 8 week programmes will take me through to May all going well.
    I really like their style; plain, simple and straightforward. Plus no music so I can play my own.

• smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    krithsai wrote: »
    ksmi141 wrote: »
    I second Fitness Blender!

Third fitnessblender

Millionth fitnessblender. Fitnessblender is all you need.

Billionth Fitnessblender :)
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender, Blogilates and if you like high intensity Millionaire Hoy. I like Millionaire Hoy a lot.
  • sumer3683
    sumer3683 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I also recommend Leslie Sansone's walk away the pounds. i have one video that has 1, 2,3 and 4 mile walks and i just ordered another DVD which has a 5 day walk plan. look at walmart.com, they are only $7.50 and a great start for a beginner, they give you more muscle workout than you would think!
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    carakit wrote: »
    I do a lot of workout programs at home. I have done a lot of the beachbody programs. But I just signed up for the "Daily Burn" and I love it!
    I am going to try a free trial, I liked Fitness Glo also, 12.00 a month but it had some great fitness professionals and very easy to contact and stop if needed. I also use DVD's and online sites but like variety.

• gettingsexybck007
    gettingsexybck007 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm using a treadmill, my stairs and Xbox and Wii games
  • stellarosecrafts
    stellarosecrafts Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You should try blogilates. There are a mix of videos ranging ebtween pilates, cardio, hiit training all on youtube (free YAY!). I follow the calender that she makes every month and its so super easy! :smiley:
  • tasaiar1
    tasaiar1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Youtube videos, squats, lunges.
    I also jog up and down my halfway and in and it off rooms lol jog on the spot too

Lots you can do at home :)