My biggest struggle is getting motivated

I find myself constantly wanting change and energy to lose weight but I work 2 jobs and at the end of each day I have no motivation to do even 30 minutes worth of exercising and its not enough to me just to eat healthy, I also want to tone up but I don't have much support to do so. I would love to make some new friends that can help motivate me and support me through this tough journey of losing 50 pounds.

Replies

• pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Same
  • cathyc480
    cathyc480 Posts: 4 Member
    I just need motivation in general Hun lol I'm a mum of 1 his under to I'm trying to do work outs from home when his gone to bed! All I want to do is just chill out once the evening comes so if you help me I will help you lol
  • luvsis91
    luvsis91 Posts: 17 Member
    awesome thanks ill check that app out! I enjoy zumba, yoga, walking, jogging, dancing. I used to have a gym membership but it got to be too pricey and then I never had time to go and when I did it wasn't open. Im looking for exercises I can do at home or with a group of friends.
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    lauranorr wrote: »
    What exercise do you enjoy? I posted on a different thread about a free app called zombie run which made my treadmill workout actually kind of fun lol. Now I actually am looking forward to doing it. Maybe it's just a matter of finding something you can enjoy even just a little . Good luck! Feel free to add me if you like.

I LOVE Zombies, Run! I also use it on the treadmill and sometimes catching myself talking out loud to the characters :-)
  • ivygetshealthy
    ivygetshealthy Posts: 5 Member
    I got great last week. I was speaking with a friend, telling him that I had a problem about motivating myself. He said that the hardest thing is to just show up. I tried it. Showing up at the gym showing up outside my door with my bike and it has actually help me. I'm already there, I might as well do it.
  • luvsis91
    ahahahaha that's awesome! I will definitely need to check this out asap!! thanks!!
    JennieMaeK wrote: »
    lauranorr wrote: »
    What exercise do you enjoy? I posted on a different thread about a free app called zombie run which made my treadmill workout actually kind of fun lol. Now I actually am looking forward to doing it. Maybe it's just a matter of finding something you can enjoy even just a little . Good luck! Feel free to add me if you like.

I LOVE Zombies, Run! I also use it on the treadmill and sometimes catching myself talking out loud to the characters :-)

• luvsis91
    I got great last week. I was speaking with a friend, telling him that I had a problem about motivating myself. He said that the hardest thing is to just show up. I tried it. Showing up at the gym showing up outside my door with my bike and it has actually help me. I'm already there, I might as well do it.

that is so great!! yes that's my hardest struggle is getting myself there but I know once im there ill get energized and feel great. I really want to buy a bike!
  • ACanadian22
    ACanadian22 Posts: 377 Member
    How I motivate myself? I look in the mirror naked and work out like crazy :D
  • luvsis91
    hahahahahah that is awesome!! that will definitely help me!
    How I motivate myself? I look in the mirror naked and work out like crazy :D

• bikinivirgin
    bikinivirgin Posts: 57 Member
    to luvsis91 or whomever else I will support and motivate like crazy to the point you will probably get tired of me :p I need the interaction and support to keep going I need eventually 70 pounds but my big step is 30+ pounds in the near future.
  • dalhectar
    dalhectar Posts: 52 Member
    luvsis91 wrote: »
    I work 2 jobs and at the end of each day I have no motivation to do even 30 minutes worth of exercising and its not enough to me just to eat healthy.

My advise is to work out early if working out late isn't inspiring, before you go to your first job. Waking up early might suck, but it sucks less than trying to do it after you are already exhausted from 2 jobs and the feeling from not working out at all.

Good luck
  • luvsis91
    awesome! I will motivate as much as I can as well!! lets do this!!
    to luvsis91 or whomever else I will support and motivate like crazy to the point you will probably get tired of me :p I need the interaction and support to keep going I need eventually 70 pounds but my big step is 30+ pounds in the near future.

• luvsis91
    dalhectar wrote: »
    luvsis91 wrote: »
    I work 2 jobs and at the end of each day I have no motivation to do even 30 minutes worth of exercising and its not enough to me just to eat healthy.

My advise is to work out early if working out late isn't inspiring, before you go to your first job. Waking up early might suck, but it sucks less than trying to do it after you are already exhausted from 2 jobs and the feeling from not working out at all.

Good luck

that is a good idea! sucks because I work super early until super late, but I will definitely attempt to do it even if its for about 20 minutes, its better than nothing. thanks!! I love every ones feedback!
  • AEH317
    AEH317 Posts: 6 Member
    What about working out first thing in the morning? I pack my gym bag the night before and put my workout clothes on my nightstand. My alarm goes off 4 mornings a week at 4:40, you can do it too!
  • luvsis91
    that is a great idea! I will need to force myself to get to bed earlier so I can actually wake up that early lol but yes like you said only 4 days a week not too bad lol
    AEH317 wrote: »
    What about working out first thing in the morning? I pack my gym bag the night before and put my workout clothes on my nightstand. My alarm goes off 4 mornings a week at 4:40, you can do it too!

• 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    No television until you workout :)
  • luvsis91
    that's a really good idea!! I have lately been obsessed with the show dexter on Netflix, so ill tell myself I cant watch an episode until I have worked out
    No television until you workout :)

• EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    If you like dexter you can try this while watching it

6c51c0867f90a0585df56550a069e72b.jpg
  • luvsis91
    omg THANK YOU!!! this is so creative. I will definitely be doing this!
    EmmieBaby wrote: »
    If you like dexter you can try this while watching it

6c51c0867f90a0585df56550a069e72b.jpg

• IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    I know it's weird but if I want to do exercises but I don't have energy, I make a cup of caffeinated tea. It gives me the energy to knock out what I want to get done.