Not supportive spouse/SO support group!

Options
cutmd
cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
I know it's not the most positive title, but I know there are MFPers out there that have a spouse they love who does one of these things:

- Doesn't want to engage in a healthy lifestyle, and actually sabotages sometimes
- Is naturally lean and thinks it's no big deal to lose weight, takes your efforts for granted
- Wants you to not lose anymore weight even though you are not underweight
- Tries to support you but just "doesn't get it" and screws you up

If you are in this boat and want supportive and stage space for ranting but DO NOT want someone to tell you to leave your spouse, this thread is for you.

This thread is NOT for people:

- who have a truly verbally or physically abusive spouse (sorry but you should leave him or her :laugh:)
- who want a divorce
- who are secretly poisoning their spouse :wink:

IF you want to join, simply state:

- how long you've been married/together?
- what are your current and goal weights?
- what issues are you having with your spouse with regard to weight loss?
- WHY does your spouse not support you (if you don't know, ASK! :tongue: )

Replies

• cutmd
    Options
    Me, me, I want to join!!!

- how long you've been married/together? 12 years as a couple, married for 5

- what are your current and goal weights? 125; 115-118

- what issues are you having with your spouse with regard to weight loss?
    Hubby is naturally lean and thinks people can stay thin as long as they work out. He gets annoyed by calorie counting and cooks all kinds of heavy delicious foods with dubious calorie counts. I think he would like to see me at 18% or so body fat, but he expects that to happen magically :laugh:

- WHY does your spouse not support you (if you don't know, ASK! tongue )
    He doesn't believe in me counting calories, but at least he believes in my fitness.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    - how long you've been married/together? married 4.5 years

- what are your current and goal weights? current weight - 249.5, goal weight - 170 (will re-evaluate when I get there)

- what issues are you having with your spouse with regard to weight loss? He's skinny and always has been and couldn't hardly gain weight even when he tried...I LOOK at something tasty and gain! :tongue: Most of the time he just acts oblivious to everything, but usually when he does make a comment, it's rude and hurtful, then he makes excuses for why he said what he said.

- WHY does your spouse not support you? He's just not interested. He doesn't struggle with weight, so therefore he doesn't care about exercise or eating right.
  • cutmd
    Options
    Welcome jrdoty!

I am sorry to hear about the occasional hurtful things your spouse says. Mine also loses weight at the drop of a dime; he's one of those annoying people that forgets to eat or won't eat if he's stressed or pissed off, and I'm the opposite. He got a half-gallon of delicious ice cream from my favorite local parlor and hasn't TOUCHED it since day one, and I think about it every hour! :laugh:

You'd think our men would do a little synthesis and think support=hotter wife faster :ohwell:
  • cutmd
    Options
    Bump! Nobody else? I don't buy it :indifferent:
  • Ele2016
    Ele2016 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, is this group still active?
  • CaptianAmer
    CaptianAmer Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    cutmd wrote: »