How often do you weigh yourself ?

I usually weigh myself every monday morning after using the bathroom . How do you go about your weigh ins ?

Replies

• MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    once a week
  • HutchA12
    HutchA12 Posts: 279 Member
    Same and on the 17th of every month I take a pregress pic.
  • SWink06
    SWink06 Posts: 73 Member
    Currently it's every morning after going to the bathroom. I'm trying to wean myself eventually to once a week.
  • Hblade
    Hblade Posts: 2 Member
    every morning...... the scale calls to me.....
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    I go back and forth. Sometimes I weigh daily and other times I weigh once a week. I'm currently weighing once a week, it feels better for me mentally.

I'll probably go back to daily weighing as I get closer to maintenance.
  • advisingwench
    advisingwench Posts: 53 Member
    Daily, unless I know I'm not being as good about tracking as I should be... then I avoid the scale like the plague.

Daily keeps me honest.
  • motterotter
    motterotter Posts: 701 Member
    When i remember to and also when feeling skinny but never during my period or right after i exercise or when im stressed or sleep deprived or have the january blues or just ate half my bodyweight in something delicious
    In fact never in winter seldom in spring and most frequently after i have diarrhea
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    I use to weigh in ever day, just to see fluctuation and log the trending average but it just became too stressful, especially around shark week and made me really lose motivation. Now I weigh in once a month a few days after 'that time' because I know hormones are least likely to make the reading wonky. Not only am I much less stressed about the number, its helped me concentrate more on my fitness and health goals than just losing weight which I think gives more self confidence :)
  • johnboy916
    johnboy916 Posts: 52 Member
    Every Wednesday for the "official" weigh in... But, i do weigh everyday for self-satisfaction. B)
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    I used to do it weekly, then monthly. Now I am doing it day to track trends in my reset.
  • kristysaurus
    kristysaurus Posts: 91 Member
    Daily but I only really record a number 1-2x/week. Weighing myself everyday keeps me mindful. I found when I stopped weighing daily that my weight would start to creep up
  • Spook_Nuke_Em
    Spook_Nuke_Em Posts: 408 Member
    I weigh in and check my measurements monthly. I use to weigh daily when I first started my journey.
  • itsthehumidity
    itsthehumidity Posts: 351 Member
    Once a week, on a weekend day after sleeping in (more dehydrated) and after using the bathroom, and with no clothing. By keeping conditions consistent like that, as best I can, I can get a good read on my progress.
  • jnher2211
    jnher2211 Posts: 14 Member
    I check it every Sunday night before I go to bed, to start off my new week knowing what to do to loose more weight.
  • dujyandco
    dujyandco Posts: 90 Member
    I'm at daily, but I'm brand new to the whole thing. (New member, login day 53.) After years of happily going about my business :), I'm now learning how things work, and a morning meeting with the scale is inspiring me to learn about the daily ins and outs of health and fitness.
  • jhall260
    jhall260 Posts: 111 Member
    I weigh myself daily. Remember there are going to be fluctuations during any given week. Only do this if it will not upset you to see your self several pounds heavier from one day to the next. I am a data junkie (It's my job too!) so I like to see lots of numbers.

I use the fitbit scale and have it sync to trendweight. It's a nifty website that smooths out those natural variances.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    First thing in the morning, if I think of it - that is usually 3-4 times a week.
  • sunisabel21
    sunisabel21 Posts: 8 Member
    Every Monday morning :)
  • cassieknights951
    cassieknights951 Posts: 48 Member
    Same every morning naked m
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    a couple of mornings a week, after my run, right before I jump in the shower (i.e. no clothes)