NO NOISE!!!!

Options
Ok so here is my big dilema.....

I have two young boys and a busy schedule so my best work out time is in the morning while the rest of my house sleeps. I had been running on my elliptical which was great but wanted to try something new. I was thinking I might like to try the 30 Shred but the problem is that I can have anything making noise while the house sleeps. Has anyone had this problem? has anyone ever seen wireless headphones for your TV???

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Ha! The noise will be from you jumping around not the tv. get them white noise machines and do your workout.
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    There are def many plces to choose from for wireless headphones. It depends on what kinds you like. Costco has some I think for around $60(?) but they're def large ones. Ebay tends to have daily deals every now and then and you can always find them online either through ebay or amazon.
  • macantrell
    macantrell Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    sure, just google it!
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    I do my 30DS with the volume very, very low while my kids nap. Just loud enough so I know it's time to move onto something else when I'm doing something on the floor and not staring at the TV the entire time.
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Ha! The noise will be from you jumping around not the tv. get them white noise machines and do your workout.

Hahahaa I like this idea!
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    LOL!!! mine could go through a series of thunder and not wake up not even the 2yr old these kids are lazy LOL!!!
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    the dvd has options for the full vocal/music track, a music only track, and a voice only track that gives cues when you need to change an exercise. i'd try just using the vocal track and turning the volume way down so you can hear when you need to do something/the countdowns or whatever. once you do it a couple times you'll have a good idea of the routine and can probably just mute the tv and follow along with the models on the screen.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I put the fan in my son's room on high and that is my secret to not waking him up ever. He sleeps though it all til the morning now.
  • RoxMyWorld
    RoxMyWorld Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the suggestions.....Ill give them a try!!

Good luck to you all!
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling-- I'm not going to make any noise, 'cause I DON"T want the kids to wake up!! That said, I've discovered that kids will usually sleep through whatever I've got going on, unless it's REALLY loud. You can always even just put fans in their rooms, or a radio turned to static if you're looking for some white noise for them.
    My parents have the wireless headphones, which work quite well. I'm not sure how they would work for working out though-- they're about the size of the REALLLYY old headphones.. you know, the ones about the size of your head... might be a little much to workout with. I think they were about $100 at Canadian Tire...
  • d_smith85
    d_smith85 Posts: 94
    Options
    I'm the total opposite. Ever since my babies were little I made sure it was loud in my house when they napped, now in order for me to be able to get my workout in I have to crank my TV to almost max during my insanity workouts so that the sounds my my jumping and grunting doesn't wake them up. As soon as I'm done working out and go for a shower when its "quiet" in my house, or just regular noise level (which is probably loud for most people) that's when they wake up, then I have to have a shower with a 1, 2 and 4 year old in the bathroom lol
  • TakuraHunt
    TakuraHunt Posts: 208
    Options
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    that's tough...i made it a point when my son was young to be noisy while he was sleeping so we wouldn't have to tiptoe around :) try it with low volume, once you know the moves you'll be good to go. Then you can listen to music on an iPod or something. Or, you could look at magazines or books for workouts with weights and/or resistance bands that you can just look at and do in sets of 8 to 15, etc...
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I definitely have to suggest the fans in the kids rooms. Our kids have had them in their rooms since they were born and they sleep through anything that happens outside their room - even a teenagers loud music!