New guy!

Options
I'm really trying to get this weight under control and lose about 20 pounds and I will feel happier. I just recently purchased an indoor cycle (Peloton bike) for the exercise but the diet seems to be the issue. Just looking to make some friends to help stay accountable and soak up any ideas that I haven't thought of.

Replies

• FullLifeNeil
    FullLifeNeil Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Let's keep each other on track. Feel free to add me FullLifeNeil
  • SpaceF1sh
    SpaceF1sh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What's up man? I'm trying to lose about the same amount. Diet is definitely the key, and the toughest part. That's the real point where discipline and determination matters. What else do you do for exercise?
  • schughes48
    schughes48 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Agreed, diet is definitely the key to success along with exercise. Hardest part for me was the discipline, however I am beating it this time.
  • Lo0BLu
    Lo0BLu Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Let me know how you are getting on with the discipline thing. I know you asked for tips but what is working for you so far. I am great at achieving goals but hopeless at maintaining. And diet is soooo important and I find the MFP app really helpful.
    Add if you like.
    Lu
  • jassenyates
    jassenyates Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So far this bike is addicting and the calorie burn in 45 minutes is between 700-800! I have been doing this now for about a month but shifted to riding everyday on the 1st of the year. I like to run but the live classes is what makes the competitor in me come out on the bike. I also love Spartan races and this was the real reason to get back in shape.
    Issue is that I am working hard to get down towards 200 (Goal is 190) pounds but any slack in exercise, and I will cruise back up to 218. This week I watched the video on the diet thread (BBC) and it basically indicated that I wasn't logging everything I eat. Sneaking in foods and not logging it which may be why I was under my calorie limit but not losing weight. So, now I am being rigid with logging and I'll see if I can bring the weight down.
  • azelizabeth
    azelizabeth Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Would love to hear more about the bike. How was set up, do you do live or on demand classes, is it for all fitness levels, etc.
  • DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    That's great that you are enjoying the Peloton bike so much. I also Spin at home and love it. An amazing workout.
  • jassenyates
    jassenyates Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Would love to hear more about the bike. How was set up, do you do live or on demand classes, is it for all fitness levels, etc.
    I ordered the bike back in November and it was delivered and set up 10 days later. There was an issue with a sensor that went bad but Peloton overnighted the new one and gave me 2 more months of my subscription for free due to the inconvenience. I have been riding everyday and enjoy the live classes the most. I just get competitive with it but it is for all fitness levels. The social media is great too. There is a very active Facebook page that we all chat on. (Official Peloton Rider Page) It's the best investment for my health I have done to date and addicting. Hope this helps!
  • azelizabeth
    azelizabeth Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks....good to know. I used to spin often but my schedule has made attending classes quite limited. I am considering this for an early morning workout, especially in summer when it's too hot to run outside in AZ.

So glad to hear it was a great purchase.