Water Monitoring Bottle?

Options
Anyone have a favorite that syncs with MFP or FitBit? I heard Thermos brand. Looking for thoughts.

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ive never herd of those.

i know i refill my water bottle about 5 times a day and it holds 16 ounces.

thats 8 cups a day at least (giving margin of error since its not usually empty when i refill it) .

monitoring your water really isnt necessary anyways.
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    s00z22 wrote: »
    Anyone have a favorite that syncs with MFP or FitBit? I heard Thermos brand. Looking for thoughts.

That seems a little crazy. I have a camelback eddy with lines on it. Thats about as good as I need.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a waste of money. Drink enough water that your pee is clear and light yellow. You don't need a fancy bottle for that.
  • LilMissLisaC
    LilMissLisaC Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just used a 1 litre bottle and marked on it hrs for the am and pm so I can see where I should be by what time then refill at lunch and start again :smile:
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Geez, it's just water.

Now if it was vodka or something...

;)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Geez, it's just water.

;)

no, not vodka. jack.

then im all in.

lolol
  • s00z22
    s00z22 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes, I realize it's a bit extravagant, but I work at a desk most of the day and as sad as it is to say, hours will pass before I look up and realize I haven't had anything to drink. I was looking at them for mostly the reminder-aspect of it. It was 1pm today before I realized I'd only had coffee. I carry with me a number of water cups, so it's not necessarily the AMOUNT of water I need to track (though that's a nice benefit) it's the fact that I'd be reminded that I haven't had any. Sounds silly, but I was on conference calls all day today and realized I hadn't even peed. Such is life.
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Yes, I realize it's a bit extravagant, but I work at a desk most of the day and as sad as it is to say, hours will pass before I look up and realize I haven't had anything to drink. I was looking at them for mostly the reminder-aspect of it. It was 1pm today before I realized I'd only had coffee. I carry with me a number of water cups, so it's not necessarily the AMOUNT of water I need to track (though that's a nice benefit) it's the fact that I'd be reminded that I haven't had any. Sounds silly, but I was on conference calls all day today and realized I hadn't even peed. Such is life.

Could you use a reminder app on your phone?
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I use a 24 ounce bottle and the "Strides" app to count them - I just click the check mark when I refill. It also has reminders.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    srecupid wrote: »

Could you use a reminder app on your phone?

That's what I was thinking. There are plenty of aps/widgets (both for your phone and for the computer), or you could use a simple egg timer or stop watch or any number of other gadgets that you could setup to remind you every 30 minutes or whatever to take a swig.
  • ecdce
    ecdce Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Why not just set recurring daily alarms on your phone? Like, reminders to refill your water cup at 11am and 2pm, or whatever your goal is.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

I put my water bottle in front of one of my monitors, just at the edge, so every time I look at that part of the screen I have to move it to see. Might as well take a drink then. Problem solved.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Do you have Outlook open throughout the day? You can set reminders there as well.
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Geez, it's just water.

;)

no, not vodka. jack.

then im all in.

lolol

I with snickers on this one. But only if its flavored vodka.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Sounds silly, but I was on conference calls all day today and realized I hadn't even peed.

That's because you're dehydrated! LOL.

:)
  • pvn23
    pvn23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    A gallon bottle would be more effective and more cost efficient in my opinion. Finish a gallon, and you're good for the day.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    pvn23 wrote: »
    A gallon bottle would be more effective and more cost efficient in my opinion. Finish a gallon, and you're good for the day.

So you're this guy...
    gym-stereotypes-2.jpg
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

I have this problem too. My water container is sitting here woefully empty. If I needed to remind myself I would set something up in Outlook, since I'm usually attached to my computer screen.
  • s00z22
    s00z22 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    You could set reminders like suggested earlier. Or you could get a 24 oz water bottle and make sure you drink 3-4 before your workday is over. Keep the MFP app or whatever tracking app your using and log your water once you finish a bottle. I do that. I commit myself to drink 2-4 24oz tumblers a day, as well as 2-4 16oz cups of unsweetened hot tea a day. I try to get in about 100oz of water a day.