Slimming world and logging

Options
I was wandering for those of us on slimming world if you still log everything.
The point of slimming world is there's no calorie counting and to eat as much as you like of the free and super free food with one weighed A choice (calcium) and one B ( fibre ) you can then add 5-15 syns which are slightly higher calories. My question is if your following this plan that has worked for literally 10,000's people you shouldn't be logging you calories. I'm finding it very hard to let go of the counting and trust the system!!! What does everyone else do?

Replies

• angelicscars
    angelicscars Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've just started slimming world this week and I have been logging my food do far, I kind of wanted the reassurance I was eating a balanced diet and what it looked like written down. I've eaten loads this week, I've stuck to the plan and every day I've been under calories, under fat, over in vitamins.
    In honesty I probably won't keep logging, every day my calories etc have been about the same. This proves to me that I don't need to log. I'm looking forward to the meeting Monday and seeing what I've lost.
    Good luck with your loss x
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    no calorie counting and to eat as much as you like of the free and super free food with one weighed A choice (calcium) and one B ( fibre ) you can then add 5-15 syns which are slightly higher calories.

Why?...
  • houseofcarpenter
    houseofcarpenter Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I think basically filling up on veg, fruit meat,fish and weighing cheese/milk, fibre rich foods - pulses, cereals whole meal bread. The syns are pretty much anything processed. In theory if you follow the plan the calories should look after themselves...
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    I think basically filling up on veg, fruit meat,fish and weighing cheese/milk, fibre rich foods - pulses, cereals whole meal bread. The syns are pretty much anything processed. In theory if you follow the plan the calories should look after themselves...

It's extremely easy to over consume meat, I can promise you that.
  • houseofcarpenter
    houseofcarpenter Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    It's extremely easy to over consume almost all of it... I think I'll keep logging for a bit and see how it pans out.
  • iona_ellen
    iona_ellen Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi, i do a bit of both. Its based mainly on slimming world such as my syns and HeA & HeB however i do try and stay in the reccomended amount of calories :) feel free to add me :smile:
  • fknlardarse
    fknlardarse Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about joining tomorrow as I'm so fed up of counting the calories on every single thing I eat and my weight has been static for weeks, it's so disheartening. I'm sick of feeling hungry and not losing weight so I thought I'd try slimming world but can it be true that I'll lose weight by eating as much of the 'free' food as I want? I love oranges but they're 80 calories a pop. How can I eat as many as I want? I'm 7lbs off my goal, will slimming world put weight on?
  • ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I couldn't get the 'nack' of slimming world. As a person who has been overweight since I was in single digits, I couldn't understand why I could eat as much of some foods as I wanted. I've never known when I'm full up, it's pretty much when the button of my jeans needs to be undone!! Eat as much pasta as I wanted? I couldn't stop and gained weight!! I'm sure that's just me being a pig, but that was my experience if anyone is interested;)
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Portion control is key......eat as much as you like and still lose....not for long. (Ex sw member now logging faithfully)I once ate 800 calories.of "free" fruit PLUS 3 meals and syns....
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Isn't slimming world the one where you get to eat unlimited pasta? That could get out of hand very quickly if you aren't weighing portions.
  • ErnieM88
    ErnieM88 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I do, but only as a way of writing everything down. I like to see the breakdown at the end of the day as well.
  • ErnieM88
    ErnieM88 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    Isn't slimming world the one where you get to eat unlimited pasta? That could get out of hand very quickly if you aren't weighing portions.

probably would if you were eating unlimited pasta for every meal, but that's not really the basis of the plan.