Food Court Meal Ideas?

Options
rhirvo
rhirvo Posts: 162 Member
edited January 2016 in Food and Nutrition
Anyone have any great food ideas for what to order in a food court? I am heading to the mall after work* and it will be my only option.... Looking for some ideas that I haven't thought of.

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Panda Express FTW
  • rhirvo
    Options
    I have 600 calories left for today :)
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    IF there's a Subway - you can get a fairly healthy sub - Vegetarian or turkey, lots of veggies - if you do the flatbread you can lower the carbs........just be careful and avoid the mayo/dressings.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    You're going to the mall AFTER dinner, so you need meal ideas. So like a post-dinner dinner? I support that. With 600 calories to spare, I'd be getting some Japanese teriyaki chicken and rice. Or Chick-fil-a, depending on my mood.

Then again, if it's really after dinner, I'd be getting an Auntie Anne's pretzel for dessert instead.
  • echmain
    echmain Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Subway, 6 inch turkey w/bacon on wheat, no cheese, no dressing (plain yellow mustard is ok): 350 calories.

Then head over to Mrs. Fields and have a cookie for dessert.
  • jenslight
    jenslight Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Or a veggie burger from A&W is always a good option.
  • rhirvo
    Options
    You're going to the mall AFTER dinner, so you need meal ideas. So like a post-dinner dinner? I support that. With 600 calories to spare, I'd be getting some Japanese teriyaki chicken and rice. Or Chick-fil-a, depending on my mood.

Then again, if it's really after dinner, I'd be getting an Auntie Anne's pretzel for dessert instead.

Hahah after work not dinner..........silly
  • Jacbean13
    Jacbean13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would do a Chick Fil A kids meal with grilled chicken and fruit. You could probably even do fries if you have 600 calories!
  • rhirvo
    Options
    I live in Canada so no Chick Fil A here :)
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    If you have Wendy's a small chili and a baked potato
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    The food court in the mall I go to has a potato place...you can get potatoes just about anyway you like, including baked with choice of toppings.
  • motterotter
    motterotter Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Wendy chilli and baked potato no sour cream
    Or get panda express veggie only with miso soup
    Or just walk around eating the free samples you get filled up for free and work out into the bargain
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Cinnabon.

It's Friday night.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Meatballs from the spaghetti place.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    rhirvo wrote: »

giphy.gif
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    AJ_G wrote: »
    rhirvo wrote: »

giphy.gif

Perfect gif.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Broccoli beef at panda.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Slice of pizza always :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Depends on your options honestly. I like broccoli beef and veggies at Panda Express too, or the teriyaki chicken plate at Sarku Japan (it's 640 calories, although it looked more than that when I went there last time). I'm a bit wary of other Chinese places though because I've seen broccoli beef go for way more calories than what Panda Express gives... so unless they post calories you never know what you're getting... Sushi is good too though! You could get soup and a roll or something.

I like Sbarro but at 490 calories a slice of pizza or something... ouch. Although I guess they are bigger than your usual slices.

My favorite malls have a Kebab place or a crepe place though so it's often a good choice for me too... A gyro or some ham/cheese/egg crepe. I'd guess those would be around 600.

But I guess it really depends what I'm in the mood for, what the options are, and if they post calories or not.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I get Subway at one mall, and the other I'll only have it if I know I need to save a few calories. Otherwise, they have Taco Bell and that outranks anything.