cauliflower

Options
Eve208
Eve208 Posts: 5 Member
If you like some spice then use some wing sauce. Steam some cauliflower then pop it in a bag with wing sauce to coat evenly and then bake it to your liking.

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    You can also cook them sesame style, orange style, kung pao style, etc. Awesome for vegetarian alternatives!

I like my cauliflower wings with a batter and baked (roasted I usually just just do olive oil, fresh cracked salt and pepper) but sometimes I add a bit of parmesan when I pull them.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    By far and away, my favourite is to roast it. toss with a little olive oil, salt and pepper and into the oven at about 400F for maybe 20 minutes or so - it gets crispy and brown and the caramelized edges are so sweet! I could roast a couple of heads (cut up into florets) like this and eat it like popcorn! In fact, I think there is a recipe out there in the internet world thats called popcorn cauliflower. Sadly at this time of year in my area, cauliflower is very expensive - $7 CDN per head!!!
  • greyzie123x
    greyzie123x Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What is "wing sauce"?
  • greyzie123x
    greyzie123x Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've just Googled it - it get it now
  • Eve208
    Options
    Eve208 wrote: »
    If you like some spice then use some wing sauce. Steam some cauliflower then pop it in a bag with wing sauce to coat evenly and then bake it to your liking.
    I've just Googled it - it get it now

• Eve208
    Options
    I'm glad you found it. (:
  • Ceekat
    Ceekat Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This was delicious, even my sister who HATES cauliflower loved it...

Cauliflower pizza base:
    I used a 12oz bag of florets-ground them up in my food processor until fine. Next time I will use at least 16oz.
    Put it all in a bowl and microwave for 4 mins
    Dump out onto a towel, or 5-6 paper towels. Allow it to cool until you can handle, then squeeze out all the excess water you can. Put back into bowl. Preheat oven to 450

To the cauliflower, add:
    1 lrg egg
    1 tbsp dry Italian seasoning
    1 tbsp crushed garlic
    1/4 c shredded mozzarella cheese
    1/4 c shredded Parmesan cheese
    Mix well, then put on a sheet of parchment paper and shape into a circle or square. Spread somewhat thin, but not so thin you have open spots.
    Bake for 10 mins, edges will get a little brown
    Remove and add cooked toppings, then put under broil just until hot (or cheese topping is melted)

I cut it into 4 servings, thinking we could have 2 slices a piece, but 1 slice each filled us both up.