Weight fluctuates

Hello all!
I have reached my goal weight finally! My dilemma is the weight fluctuation by a pound or two even when following the maintaining weight calories ! Any thoughts on this would be so appreciated !

Replies

• xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    I lose 3 pounds between the time I go to bed at night and when I step out of the shower in the morning. Water weight will always cause fluctuations, particularly for women.

Weigh yourself at the same time of the day once per week and keep a chart. Anything less than a 4-5 pound gain or loss is nothing to concern yourself with.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Many people use online charting tools (such as TrendWeight or Happy Scale for the Web, Libra for Android, or others - sorry I don't use iOS so I don't know any of them) that use a moving average line, usually 7 or 10 days, which will smooth out the inherent noise of daily weigh-ins.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    sunalid wrote: »
    Hello all!
    I have reached my goal weight finally! My dilemma is the weight fluctuation by a pound or two even when following the maintaining weight calories ! Any thoughts on this would be so appreciated !

It's very normal

You don't have a fixed scale weight you have a weight range ...generally around 3-5lbs ...it's due to water fluctuations due to things like hormones (ovulation, menstruation), dehydration, sodium/carbs, change-up in exercise

Here does this help...I've been in maintenance for almost a year, I'm a conscientious logger and stick to my maintenance calories and this is normal ...

al9e7qcz9uzn.jpg
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    It's not a dilemma. It's natural. It's life.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    I always thought that was normal. Weight isn't static.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Trying to keep your weight at one precise number is a fool's errand. I've been maintaining for 3 years now and I can weigh anything from 121 to 128.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    its normal. The sane way to handle? Forget the notion of a goal weight. Instead choose a goal range, which is +/- 2 or 3 pounds from your 'goal weight'.
  • sunalid
    sunalid Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you girls so much for all your help !!!!
    I can't tell you how relieved I am !! This makes so much sense !! It's so nice to know and not worry about it going up-and-down within a range ! Once again thank you so much!!! :smiley:
  • William4MVP
    William4MVP Posts: 166 Member
    measure yourself by the mirror...best way of judging yourself. Just don't be too harsh on yourself.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    It's not a dilemma. It's natural. It's life.

+1
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    I gave myself a weight range that I know I'm okay with - 5 pounds up from the lowest number I've seen on the scale.

I also know that my weight range is 2-3 pounds, unless I've just gone all out on sodium and carbs - then I might see a bigger jump. If I see a jump that sticks around for a week, I'll look over my logging - was I over on sodium often? Have I been getting enough water? and then make adjustments. Usually the jump is directly related to too much sodium and not enough plain ol' water. A week or so with those in check, and the number goes back down where it belongs ;)

Don't panic - you've got this!

~Lyssa
  • BikeTourer
    BikeTourer Posts: 191 Member
    Yes I wish when you move to maintenance that you could enter a weigh range rather than a weight.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    YOU can do that, the program doesn't. Just keep following your plan and make sure your weight stays in the center of your goal range.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    And I completely agree about measurements. I lost several inches off my weight and a couple off my hips after I stopped losing weight.