Favorite water infusion fruits/veggies??

Options
eggplantpants
eggplantpants Posts: 10 Member
edited January 2016 in Recipes
I got an infuser cup a few days ago so I could play around with the whole "infuse water with things" hype. Partly to try to help me not drink so much juice and soda, partly because I'd like to see if it helps me feel better like people say it does. So far I've just done lemon, which has always been a favorite of mine. What are some combinations that ya'll like??

EDIT: also, how long do you usually keep it for before changing it out?

Replies

• snarma
    snarma Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Today I did cucumber slices and dill in the water - yummmo. So much easier on my stomach than the citrus. After the water was all gone I ate up the slices and dill left over in the bottle- Double the benefits :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I like whiskey and water. yum
  • danielle2439
    danielle2439 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy strawberry, lemon basil & cucumber, lemon, mint & peach, lemon, mint! I have done a whole bunch of different combinations, but those are the favourites. I generally will use one batch of "stuff" for a full day at work and then change out the next day.
  • kyradenean
    kyradenean Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Today I used fresh pineapple chunks and fresh blueberries. After an hour or so, my water was naturally sweetened to some extent. ☺️
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    lemon/citrus and ginger

anything with peppermint leaves

when I don't have fresh things to add, I have a bag of frozen wild blueberries. they make everything a lovely pink color.
  • SteenD15
    SteenD15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My favorites are cucumber/lemon/mint and raspberries/pineapple.

I do want to try some of the melon combos I've seen in hotel lobby diffusers, along with the apple ones and maybe a cinnamon stick.
  • greyzie123x
    greyzie123x Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My son used apple - I wouldn't recommend it...... Strawberry is my favourite. It's usually ready after about 30 mins
  • wenz300
    wenz300 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi my favourite is lemon, lime, sprig of mint, cucumber and a little fresh ginger. It's amazing, I make my bottle up just before bed and it's perfect by the morning for going to the gym or even for first drink of the day! I keep mine in the bottle all day and top up as required. Then I empty it at night and make fresh for the next day. Xx
  • vsingle759
    vsingle759 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been doing grapefruit, lime, lemon & cucumber in my water. Very refreshing