Protein Shakes

Options
What are some good protein shakes that you recommend? I don't have a blender by the way, so ready made protein shakes are preferable. I just tried the Bolthouse Farms Protein Plus Chocolate shake, and it was soo good. :smile: Any others that you would recommend? And what are your favorite flavors?

Replies

• stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I do the Premier Protein (Chocolate), very good, 30 grams of protein. Some friends like the Pure Protein (Cookies and Cream) and the Muscle Milk Light.

You just want to watch for ones with 25 grams or more of protein and less than 200 calories.

Best of Luck!
  • pbolton16
    pbolton16 Posts: 87
    Options
    I do the Premier Protein (Chocolate), very good, 30 grams of protein. Some friends like the Pure Protein (Cookies and Cream) and the Muscle Milk Light.

You just want to watch for ones with 25 grams or more of protein and less than 200 calories.

Best of Luck!

Hey why watch out for those??
  • CrimsonHellkite
    Options
    the muscle milk light is great tasting and super fast and easy, i use the 100% amplified whey from gnc(not needed for average people i use it cause i weight train alot and dont eat enough so it has needed vitamins/minerals/amino acids), kinda pricy but worth it in taste and easy dissolving

only thing to watch for is some are high in sugar and fats so just make sure your checkin your labels
  • liveforfit
    liveforfit Posts: 39
    Options
    The protein shake I tried today (Bolthouse Farms Protein Plus) had 21 nutrients in it, and had 210% of the daily value for vitamin c, etc. However, it was 190 calories for just 16 grams of protein. Those other protein shakes that are below 200 calories but have 25 grams of protein or more - do they also have nutrients in them? Such as Vitamin C and Vitamin A?
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    What are some good protein shakes that you recommend? I don't have a blender by the way, so ready made protein shakes are preferable. I just tried the Bolthouse Farms Protein Plus Chocolate shake, and it was soo good. :smile: Any others that you would recommend? And what are your favorite flavors?

My personal 1 serving (16oz) blender cost $12. Ready made shakes often aren't that good for you...and for the price of one weeks worth...you can pick yourself up a blender, some good protein powder...and various stuff to put in it that will last you a month.

I use frozen bananas (after workout...any other time I skip the banana), chocolate or cookies n cream protein powder, 8oz milk...2 tbsp milled flaxseed, and that's pretty much it. If I don't use the frozen banana, I put in 4-8 cubes of ice (depends on the size of your cubes). Tastes awesome, cheap...and it's all you really need.
  • liveforfit
    liveforfit Posts: 39
    Options
    That sounds awesome! Where did you buy your blender? Speaking of which, what are some good stores to buy blenders from that are still affordable?
  • ksmittens
    ksmittens Posts: 65
    Options
    I love the Banana Creme Muscle Milk... delish! Great for a meal on the go!
  • TheDeviation
    TheDeviation Posts: 149
    Options
    I use EAS 100% Whey Protein. I buy it by the 5lb bag at Sam's Club. They carry chocolate and vanilla. Buy a shaker. I use a Blender Bottle. Works great. $9 I believe.

Whatever you get, read the label! Some powders out there are junk food in disguise.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    That sounds awesome! Where did you buy your blender? Speaking of which, what are some good stores to buy blenders from that are still affordable?

I got mine at Target...when I bought my food processor they had a similar sized one at Walmart for less than $20. South Beach or some such.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    My husband and I drink Syntha-6 banana and mochacino protein shakes.