Weightlifting Shoes vs. Chuck Taylors?

Options
2»

Replies

• maranarasauce93
    maranarasauce93 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I honestly love my pendlay do-win lifters. They have a nice firm sole and I supportive throughout. Plus they will probably last you longer than a pair of chuck taylors. If you want a cheap replaceable shoe, go for the chucks, but I'm all about the lifters.

http://www.amazon.com/Pendlay-Do-Win-Crossfit-Weightlifting-Shoes/dp/B00NJ1NTQE/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1451355455&sr=1-1&keywords=women+pendlay+do+win

These are the second cheapest pair of lifters I have seen and they fit well and feel sturdy. The cheapest is the adida powerlift 2.0 but I have heard those are pretty much clown shoes.
    If you are super serious about your lifts and want a pair that will last you a lifetime, Romaleos or Adipowers all the way. I couldn't buy them though because I am poor and I have baby feet :[.
  • summerdaze120
    summerdaze120 Posts: 425 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Finally had some time to take a picture of my "new" chuck Taylor's :# I've noticed a big difference in my squats.
    a0bqrj5krsax.jpg
  • fogr
    fogr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Either are fine for squatting, as is lifting in socks or going barefoot. I squat in lifting shoes and do everything else in socks.

Me too
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Just got a pair of Adidas Powerlift 2 squat shoes after years squatting in chucks. They are the best investment in my squats yet - hitting depth wasn't an issue from the first set I wore them.

I still wear Chucks for everything else.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    i wear chucks when i squat and DL, I love chucks, they are cheap and flat and perfect. But i wear running shoes with good tread when i'm on the bench to grip the floor for leg drive, chucks slip if i wear them when i'm on the bench.
    i dont do anthing in socks, cuz gyms are germy
  • codsterlaing95
    codsterlaing95 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Use any shoes you want or go barefoot.

Nah. Can't wear running shoes while lifting heavy. Chucks or Adipowers are ideal.