wake up at 4:30 am challenge

Options
I am starting tomorrow morning. I am looking for anybody who might want to join me in my challenge.

I read and heard about a young man who woke up at 4:30 am 21 straight days. He said he went to bed 2 hours earlier and in the morning work up and reaped the benefits of getting up early.

Anybody want to wake up with me?

Replies

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I already wake up at that hour... is there anything specific to do... or is it just the fact of waking up at that hour?
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Nope I get up at 530AM-enough. Exercise starts at 6AM.
  • HG93022
    HG93022 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I already get up then. I sleep 8:30/9-4:30. It is the only way to get in a workout before work! It helps me mentally SO much when dealing with the days' challenges! I highly recommend it!
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I was up at 0430 today and it is now my goal in life to never, ever have to get up at that hour again. Lol!
  • dee_thurman
    dee_thurman Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    jhmomofmany - lol - I have just been reading and listening to examples of what you can do early in the morning to start the day and I would like to set a goal to get up and be productive before the family gets up. I can get a workout in and eat a peaceful breakfast. Do anything else that needs to be completed or read. For the people that already get up this early, is it out of necessity or do you choose to get up so you can have a productive morning?
  • Gacman04
    Gacman04 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The first week is the worst. Im up at 405 for the morning workouts. Bed time at 830. Now it isn't too bad.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky to PASS OUT at that hour.
  • fitness2016goal
    fitness2016goal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 0400 every morning. 3 to 4 days a week I go to the 5 am Class at CrossFit. The other days I run on my tread mill, ride my bike, snow shoe or something else aerobic. I find starting my day with exercise gives me more energy to work through my tough schedule. I am ready for bed by 2130. Good luck - I will be there to support your efforts.
  • Bluwaves1
    Bluwaves1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Yikes, I work until 12-12:30 am. so I sometimes see 4:30 am from the other side!! wish me a good nights sleep when you get up, LOL.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Hah! Since hitting my 40's, my body decides I'm awake around 4-4:30 anyways...I'd just like two or three nights where I could sleep PAST 4:30 am....the kids are grown and out of the house, and there's no reason to be up early whatsoever....I'm just UP. Ugh. Enjoy your self-imposed early start...I'll be up, but not as happy about it as you! LOL xo
  • knolan147
    knolan147 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Are you going the 21 days? I think it sounds challenging, A.K.A. fun. :). Feel free to add me.
  • etj865
    etj865 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I struggle to exercise in the morning. I get sleepy in the late afternoon.