I can't do it!

Options
That is correct, I wrote cannot do it! I am allowed 1200 calories, and can hardly reach that, I can't imagine pushing to the 2000 now that I am more aware of what I am putting into my body. I have about 600 calories left and I think I just earned 100 something for my exercise this afternoon, but I can't see eating 600 calories for dinner?!:noway:

Replies

• Erica92627
    Options
    That is correct, I wrote cannot do it! I am allowed 1200 calories, and can hardly reach that, I can't imagine pushing to the 2000 now that I am more aware of what I am putting into my body. I have about 600 calories left and I think I just earned 100 something for my exercise this afternoon, but I can't see eating 600 calories for dinner?!:noway:
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it. I wouldn't eat 600 calories for your meal all at once, but it's okay to eat the 600 calories tonight if you need to. I'm not sure what you usually eat for dinner, but try having a portion of your meal plus a salad with reduced fat dressing and 2% cheese on it. That adds healthy calories to your diet. Have an apple with some peanut butter on it for dessert. That'll get some good, healthy calories into you! :) I will do a large apple with 2 Tbsp of reduced fat peanut butter and that's about 300 calories...but GOOD calories! Fiber and protein! It's okay to eat! Food is your friend! Just make sure you don't abuse it or it will turn on you! :laugh:
  • Erica92627
    Options
    an apple and peanut butter.. I like that. 300 calories is easy that way. So an apple with peanut butter and lets see,

maybe I'l get some bocca chicken burgers? Anyone have that before? Are they good?
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I have had boca burgers! They ARE good! I make em with all the fixins and wrap them in a lettuce leaf. Sometimes I make sweet potato fries with them. Just chop up a yam or sweet potato into fry like wedges, spray them with a little olive oil (I have an oil mister that I use instead of using Pam...it's great!) then sprinkle salt, pepper, and cayenne on them then I bake them until they're done and a little crispy. They're a little dense, but good and full of vitamin A! So the apple with peanut butter and the boca burger would be a great meal! Very healthy for ya!
  • ERnurse01
    Options
    I love the bocca chicken burgers! add a little hot sauce, yummy! My kids even like them. They're also good on salad or in a wrap
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Still surprises me that some people can't fathom eating all 1200 calories and person like me who hates food, can't understand how to eat only 1200 a day.

I a sure you will figure out how to become a better you
  • Patwin55
    Patwin55 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    The only time I can eat only 1200 calories is if I am in the hospital and that is all I get. So I admit I am a little jealous. But I am behind you all the way, girl! You can do it, and we will help you all we can.
  • wannabeactive
    Options
    I've been told that I don't eat enough. Kind of did not believe it.
    The food diary will tell !
    I suppose the challenge will be to up the calories in a healthy way.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Nuts, all kinds of nuts. Great souce of protein and good fat
    AND they are pretty high in calories. Grab a 1/2 cup of almonds
    and chow down, not really all that filling and gives you some
    great calories.
  • rou_pl
    Options
    I am allowed 1900 a day, and sometimes I eat less (like 1700 :P). But my calories come from cheese mostly. I don't eat meat, and I have to get the protein from somewhere else. On the other hand I sometimes go over my limit. I figure either way it's not that bad, as long as I stick to my exercise and eating habits most of the times.. I can only give one advice I read somewhere on this board: drink some of your calories if you are an under eater. I suggest drinking some good natural fruit juice. It is good for you and tastes good as well.

There are many risks connected to under eating. Weakness, illnesses, slowed down metabolism, and more.

It is great, that you are aware of what you are eating, but more important is not to obsess about it.

Good luck to you :)
  • wannabeactive
    Options
    sorry, still getting the hang of it all - wanted to delete this post - have posted below
  • wannabeactive
    Options
    Nuts, all kinds of nuts. Great souce of protein and good fat
    AND they are pretty high in calories. Grab a 1/2 cup of almonds
    and chow down, not really all that filling and gives you some
    great calories.

Will Brazil Nuts do it ? I dont really like almonds.

Just realized you mentioned *Nuts, all kinds of nuts*
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    have you met my friend the avocado?

good fat, and chock full of calories. I add one to a salad on my workout days.