Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution 2016

Options

Replies

• dmegan012
    dmegan012 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    tarakiyoko wrote: »
    I hurt my knee doing the running man and had to take 2 days off until the swelling went down. Luckily one of those was my rest day. So I don't do that move anymore...

Yikes! That's terrible :( Make sure you give yourself time to heal
  • lalajka
    lalajka Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Had my first cardio 1 yesterday. On the first round of running man I really went for that range of motion and nearly died! :smiley: so on the next two rounds I scaled it down a bit with my legs and it was much better. I just have to remember I don't have to go all out and be perfect at every move.

@tarakiyoko, I've heard people getting knee injuries doing Jillian's workouts due to all that jumping and plyometrics. Hope you're ok now.
  • hmrey76
    hmrey76 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    It looks much easier than it is when they are doing it! Lol :)

Just finished up week 1.
  • sallymason88
    sallymason88 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i started on january 4th. doing JM Body revolution before moving onto Bodyshred. I am counting calories on here, but joining with lots and lots of people doing BR on Jillian Michaels Workout Junkies facebook page. Maybe see you on there. Lots of people supporting each other doing various JM programmes
  • sarisweetie26
    sarisweetie26 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Started week 2 and the moves are getting easier which makes me feel good. Looks like everyone is doing good, keep it up!
  • hmrey76
    Options
    Started week 2 and the moves are getting easier which makes me feel good. Looks like everyone is doing good, keep it up!

I was just going to say the same thing! :)
  • amandabullock120
    amandabullock120 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    @jessieshanks1981 it is a dvd set that you can buy. I got mine from amazon.com. I have also done 30ds and loved it, but found that I love JMBR more!!

I just started week 2, feeling stronger and already seeing results!!
  • lalajka
    lalajka Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    @sallymason88 Bodyshred is next on my list, too. I've heard it's harder than BR, so I decided to go thru BR first. I'm starting week 2 of BR tomorrow so there's still a long way to go...

Which weights are you girls using? I use 2.5, 4 or 5 kg - depending on the moves. And I don't have her cable so I'm improvising a little... Definitely seeing improvements though!
  • dmegan012
    Options
    lalajka wrote: »
    @sallymason88 Bodyshred is next on my list, too. I've heard it's harder than BR, so I decided to go thru BR first. I'm starting week 2 of BR tomorrow so there's still a long way to go...

Which weights are you girls using? I use 2.5, 4 or 5 kg - depending on the moves. And I don't have her cable so I'm improvising a little... Definitely seeing improvements though!

I'm probably going to do Bodyshred at some point, too.

I've been using 5lb weights for Workout 1 and 8lb ones for Workout 2.
  • KudraM
    KudraM Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    dmegan012 wrote: »
    Finished the 1st day of Week 2. Only have to do Workout 1 once more.

Are you guys noticing improvements yet? I'm down 3.4lbs and can now (slowly) do all unmodified push-ups the first time through. Started off struggling to do one regular pushup, so I feel ridiculously good :)

Im noticing tighter bod at week 3 but no inches or lbs. Im older tho :|
  • KudraM
    Options
    Anyone else taking more than 30 mins to get through the set? Im taking about 45-60 mins if I actually do it right. Gawd those effing burpees >:)
  • tarakiyoko
    tarakiyoko Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oh no! There are burpees?!?! I haven't started workouts 3 or 4 yet. Almost done with week 2. I'm also doing a spin class every week so it's going to take me longer than 90 days.
  • dmegan012
    Options
    Which workout has burpees? I just finished my last workout for Week 2
  • amandabullock120
    edited January 2016
    Options
    dmegan012 wrote: »
    Which workout has burpees? I just finished my last workout for Week 2

I just read that burpees are in weeks 3-4 cardio 2 :/

I just finished week 2 cardio/workout 3, I'm on day 10. I have started seeing results. How is everyone else doing?

• hmrey76
    Options
    I can't remember from the last time when they are but yes, there are burpees. And I think workout 7 has a ton of plank moves. I hated that workout the first time, I don't think we will be friend the second round either. lol

I am doing week 2 day 2 tonight.
  • sallymason88
    Options
    I have only looked at Bodyshred. It has not been out for long in the UK. I viewed it on youtube. It looks a lot harder than BR. I am on week 2 of BR, enjoying it and using as heavy weights as i can , depending on the exercise. Re the Burpees, I find them slightly easier if i put my hands onto a step. I am building up to doing them on the floor. I did BR last year, but only up to week 8, then went on to do Bob Harper. This second time around I am finding it easier, so stick with it. And KudraM, I am older too. I am 54 (how did that happen !) It works, stick with it. I have lost 28lbs so far, approx 14 to go. I dont rely on the scales too much, and only get weighed occasionally. I know it is working, I can see it and feel it in my clothes.
  • tarakiyoko
    tarakiyoko Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have only looked at Bodyshred. It has not been out for long in the UK. I viewed it on youtube. It looks a lot harder than BR. I am on week 2 of BR, enjoying it and using as heavy weights as i can , depending on the exercise. Re the Burpees, I find them slightly easier if i put my hands onto a step. I am building up to doing them on the floor. I did BR last year, but only up to week 8, then went on to do Bob Harper. This second time around I am finding it easier, so stick with it. And KudraM, I am older too. I am 54 (how did that happen !) It works, stick with it. I have lost 28lbs so far, approx 14 to go. I dont rely on the scales too much, and only get weighed occasionally. I know it is working, I can see it and feel it in my clothes.

Do you follow her eating plan? I'm not, but am wondering if other people have and what they thought of it.
  • amandabullock120
    Options
    I do not follow her eating plan. 1200 kcals is not enough for me, but she does have some great recipes you can incorporate into your diet. I have been doing JMBR for 2 weeks and have lost 3lbs and 5 inches. I'm sure the weight loss and inches lost will slow down a lot, but I'm seeing results and feel so much stronger! I'm loving this programme. :smiley:
  • KudraM
    Options
    @dmegan012 Yep - week 3. Amplify just makes me cry (I despise push days). Today I actually just did as many as I could instead of stopping and catching my breath, etc. so I could do the same reps as JM. Now I do about 1/4 l less reps, but Im done in the 35 mins. @tarakiyoko I dont follow her eating plan either. I used to, but these days Im in a hurry. I just do the best I can and use MFP @sallymason88 thanks for the encouragement. Only 2 more days of week 4!
  • sallymason88
    Options
    i dont follow her eating plan either, i count calories, but just with normal every day food. i weigh and measure etc. i eat back half of my exercise calories and find this works for me. i am looking forward to the Bodyshred challenge, but will feel an achievement also by completing BR to the end. should be starting bodyshred in ten weeks then, if anyone will be ready for a their second round then !