Here's to another fresh start

Options
Hello...My name is Crissi and I have been struggling with my weight for a long time...I'm back to try and lose again. I'll be 35 at the end of the month. I plan on using running along with Beachbody programs to get me back into shape. I work in EMS doing 12hr shifts stuck in a ambulance for that time. It's hard to feed your body properly, especially eating on the run. Meal prepping has been hard for me but I know it's what needs to happen for me to reach my goal. I will be following a low carb diet since I love sweets and breads. This is the only way that seems to work for me to have control of my eating. Feel free to send any friend requests...Thank you :)

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    If you love sweets and breads, why are you trying to cut them out? Can't you work them into a moderate calorie goal and enjoy them in moderation? Just a thought.
  • CrissiNicole
    CrissiNicole Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Breads and sweets are triggers for me. I'm not cutting out good carbs such as brown rice, oatmeal, and lower carb fruits...just need to limit them to break the sugar addiction. I'm reading "Choose to Loose" by Chris Powell to learn about carb cycling.
  • lindseygifford
    lindseygifford Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm Lindsey, I also work in EMS. It is so hard to stay healthy when you are sleep deprived with a crazy schedule and a partner who loves to make quick stops for snacks at the gas station every shift! I'm going to send you a friend request! :)
  • CrissiNicole
    CrissiNicole Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you...and totally agree although my new partner will keep me in line since she's pretty strict herself.
  • Shesaleo18
    Shesaleo18 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi Crissi feel free to add me. I'll be 35 in August. I don't work but have 2 kids. Bad carbs are a downfall to me aswell...why do they have to be so delicious.
    Anyways we can do this