Shift workers

Options
Hey everybody I'm a Paramedic looking to get my nutrition back on track. Need help with how people prep meals for long days any advise will help!

Replies

• CrissiNicole
    CrissiNicole Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in EMS and work for AMR. 12hr shifts stuck in the vanbulance...for a while the easiest for me was to drink protein shakes, low sodium deli meat and fruits/veggies such as cucumbers, carrots, broccoli, apples, bananas and grapes. I'm meal prepping chicken, rice and broccoli for this weeks meals. I throw 4 chicken breasts in the crockpot and let them cook for a few hrs. They fall apart when they're done, then I put all in a bowl and use a hand mixer to "shred" the meat. Way easier and faster!l. Usually will heat up my food while at the hospital before we go back into service. If you use frozen meals, I would cook them the night before and then just put in Tupperware. Look into Isobags...they hold the food cold if you're stuck in the rig. Good luck!!
  • haaileyskye
    haaileyskye Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Best thing I've ever done - Buy one of those "6-Pack" lunch boxes. Will keep prepped meals cold for hours. Also, preparing all of your foods for the next 24hrs, and having them with you, just incase you have to stay back for emergency overtime. Carry healthy snacks that won't go off too, like nuts and canned tuna.