65 pounds down.. Halfway there! (pics)

Options
jessasweightlossjourney
jessasweightlossjourney Posts: 363 Member
edited January 2016 in Success Stories
Hi my name is Jess, and I'm a 23 year old with PCOS. I started my weight loss journey at 252 pounds on May 5th, 2015. I'm currently down to the 180s. Another 50 till I hit my goal weight (I'm 5'2") but I thought I'd share my progress thus far in the hopes that maybe I can help inspire someone else who is struggling!

ejhhctb2y3t6.jpg

zbpmvpgw784d.jpg

Replies

• bkg1209
    bkg1209 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I just started my journey on Dec.31st. You're definitely an inspiration! You look fabulous!!
  • jessasweightlossjourney
    Options
    bkg1209 wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing. I just started my journey on Dec.31st. You're definitely an inspiration! You look fabulous!!

Thank you so much! I'm so flattered that I can help, seeing others progress is what started my own journey as well. You can do anything if you set your mind to it! Best of luck to you! :smiley:
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You look great & you're cute too! Congrats and keep going.
  • midge_m
    midge_m Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    you look great! So pretty!
  • hobbeskastiel
    hobbeskastiel Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Doing great. Keep it up!
  • clarity8796
    clarity8796 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Looking great! Keep it up, you will reach that goal!
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Great progress! Very inspiring!
  • Omoe11
    Omoe11 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work!
  • Sassyk35
    Sassyk35 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous! ! How did you loss so much so fast?? I'm 5'2 as well & my heaviest ever @ 275 so depressing. Your an inspiration :)
    Options
    Thank you all your kindness and encouragement it means a lot!

Sassyk35: I completely understand because I've been there too. Good old calorie counting, portion control and a healthy diet as well as some exercise has helped me! I switched my white breads to wheat, and stopped drinking soda, cut out excess sugar and fast food, incorporate more healthy choices into my eating and focus on eating proper portions. I don't follow any specific diet other than lots of protein such as eggs, nuts, lean meats which keep me full longer and I drink lots of water. When cooking, I search for ways to make my favorite recipes healthier for example instead of frying chicken, I'll dredge it in panko and bake it. Or instead of using noodles, I'll use zucchini. If I'm craving chocolate, I'll have a couple dark chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate. It curbs the craving and no harm done. It's all about moderation! I wish you the very best of luck in your journey, it definitely takes time but it's totally doable if you set your mind to it and never give up. :smile:
  • johnguitarman
    johnguitarman Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful! Great job! I'm trying to get back on the wagon. I lost about 70 lbs through MFP two years ago but gained alot back and am now at 268 but I'm determined to make this time count! Keep up the great work, your doing amazing! :)
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    You're doing brilliantly....well done! :)
  • RosiesFitnessJourney
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great job :smiley:
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Thanks for sharing!
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    So pretty! Great job!!!!
  • lilypie76
    lilypie76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Amazing work! You look wonderful!
  • wildfire1204
    wildfire1204 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats.
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    that's amazing, can I ask what your methods have been thus far? I'm always curious to see how others have made their progress!
  • blbrooks014
    blbrooks014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have pcos also. Did anything in particular make it easier or make a bigger difference?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!