300 calorie Smothered Chicken Breast

Options
CuteMommy88
CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
Ok so I decided to try something new last night with my boneless skinless chicken breast, that I am sure every dieter is bored with LOL. Its simple, just used a cast iron grill skillet to cook the chicken breast which i seasoned with Famous Dave's Burger and Steak seasoning. Meanwhile sauteed half of a yellow onion, a small can of mushroom stems and pieces, and half of a bell pepper in 1 tbs of Smart Balance light. After the chicken was finished cooking I left it on the hot skillet and topped with a slice of provolone cheese and then covered with half of the sauteed veggies. It was sooooo good!!! My BF even loved it and he is a lover of all things fatty LOL. For the Chicken, cheese and veggies it only came out to 300 calories. I served with a side of green beans making the entire meal 320 calories!!! Hope you try it and enjoy!!!

Replies

• sincereme
    sincereme Posts: 276
    Options
    Sounds DELISH!!! Thanks!
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    That sounds awesome!!! I'm going to try it!
  • katie_rn
    katie_rn Posts: 40
    Options
    yum!
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Bump - fabulous recipe, thank you!
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Oh yum!!! Thanks for the idea !
  • amyers35
    amyers35 Posts: 51
    Options
    yum!!! sounds delicious!!
  • froggy15
    froggy15 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! Thanks for the recipe.
  • Suzeesmu
    Suzeesmu Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I was just about to take out some of the dreaded chicken breast to thaw - thank's Amanda! :flowerforyou:
  • osucristina
    osucristina Posts: 197
    Options
    I make this all the time, it's one of my favs. But I use pepperjack and a little bit of spicy bbq sauce!
  • kaylaCdewire1311
    Options
    I make this recipe alot, but with mine, I use cajun seasoning. My husband is like just about every manly man.. he wants FAT and MEAT.. so I have to make it fun for him to eat. He doesn't even know its low in calories!
  • penash
    penash Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I make something very similar, only I throw in a little Worchestershire Sauce. Tasty, tasty. And you're right, sometimes you need to spruce up the dreaded chicken breast.