Weight Loss Challenge Ideas

Options
I need some ideas! I want to spark up a weight loss challenge here at the office. However, some people have tried to start them in the past and they always fizzle out. Do any of you have any ideas or suggestions that can help get this off and running? For example, what does the winner aka the biggest loser win? what is the entrance fee? etc etc.

Would love some ideas and suggestions!

P.S. i personally am a very competitive person so i need some incentive. 20 more pounds to go and im at a healthy weight! Just need a little bit of motivation!

Replies

• bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    You could always say that it is $5 to join and the winner takes all. If you are really feeling like you want to put in a little extra work you could always call some local gyms or studios and ask if they would be willing to donate a prize like 1 free hour of yoga or a running store might give a 20% off coupon and you could do a weekly prize or a random drawing for each thing at the end so everyone has an equal chance of getting something back.
  • Hernandezedw
    Hernandezedw Posts: 284
    Options
    I'd keep it short and simple. Not sure if it's legal, but maybe a cheap fee and winner gets all?
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Here in Denver, Kaiser and Weigh and Win.com have a fitness challenge. They did a study first and said that when there is a monetary incentive people are more apt to stick with it. So now it is offered throughout Colorado now.

Maybe with the entrance fees part or all of it can go toward the winner. Keep at a minimal as its already tough times for a lot of folks, but if you get 10 people to sign up for $10 a head that's a $100 prize! Do it for for a short period like 6 months so it will give people time to make real progress.

I think with this there has to be tools to help them. Of course let them know about this site and others that will help the succeed!

Good Luck and hope it works out.
  • ScratchMj
    ScratchMj Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    At our work we had our own "Biggest Loser Challenge." There was a buy in of $50, which you can choose a different amount of course. It went for 2 months and then they actually extended it when everyone agreed on it. The prizes were split with who lost the most weight and the most percentage lost. It was a great success for a few people and they still look awesome! I think more money in makes you work harder for it, but it depends on everyone. :)
  • VanishersCoach
    Options
    These are all great ideas. I too have been looking. Thanks for all your help