How long did it take you

Options
AutumnisBSB
AutumnisBSB Posts: 131 Member
to lose 60lbs? Have a vacation coming up and I would like to be down 60 by then.

Replies

• Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Well, it has taken me ~6 months to be down 40 lbs but I've also been targeting a 1.5 lb/week loss. At that rate it should take me another 3 months to be down another 20 lbs.
  • AUPerry
    AUPerry Posts: 166
    Options
    It took me six months to lose 30 lbs, so maybe if you double it to a year, that's how long it'd take to lose 60. Not sure, but definitely give yourself time to lose such a great amount of weight.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    ive lost my 35lbs in 85days (a tad under 3 months).

Im currently in a plateau due to going on a 4day vacation and not drinking much water the days before i left cuz i was too busy, then not drinking while on vacation cuz it was a road trip and couldnt use the bathroom when i needed... ill probably start losing again by tomorrow morning now that i drank 25cups today.
  • PJS323
    PJS323 Posts: 115
    Options
    5 1/2 months. I'm at 79 now, and it was just my 8 month "diet" anniversary. What is your time frame?
  • Sissy4EverX3
    Sissy4EverX3 Posts: 247
    Options
    I've lost 35lbs since February 13th. My goal is to lose 70lbs by October 2. I'm halfway there and & have just under another 4 months to get the job done. :drinker:
  • Cartel
    Cartel Posts: 40
    Options
    I am probably not a good example but so far it has took me 3 months to loose my first 60lbs. The next 10 to 70lbs lost took me another 4 months due to laziness. The most recent 10 that got me to 80lbs lost has taken me 2 months with semi serious dieting and exercise (my weekends are a free for all) Id imagine it will take me at least another month to reach my final goal. I have no idea how it works for me but when im on im on and can easily loose 1-1.5lbs a day. Healthy? Probably not I mean I still eat plenty but have big workouts but thats why I started with im not a good example!
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    In 3 1/2 months I lost 55lbs. Everyone is different.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    the more u have to loose, the quicker it comes off; at first. i have a friend on here that has lost 204 pounds in a year.. but she was over 500pounds. I started at 313; If i maintain my 35pound loss to the 3 month ratio, ill be at my goal weight in exactly one year from my start (140pounds lost in one year); but realistically, I give myself till early next july, which is 1 year 4months cuz once u get closer to your goal, its harder to loose.

To expect to loose 60pounds in less than 6months, is dangerous; you should figure at 10pounds a month; and if u loose more great, but if u loose less then dont be disappointed; everyone hits plateaus unexpectedly, etc.

Im ok with losing weight slower cuz im so worried about excess skin, im giving myself all the time in the world to loose cuz if i loose to fast ill have saggy droopy skin.
  • AutumnisBSB
    Options
    I have a lot of weight too loose and know that I can lose it faster than someone who doesn't have that much to lose. I know that losing too fast is dangerous and at risk to put it back on etc. However, it is still my goal.

We go on vacation in Sept.

As far as excess skin I know that no matter what or how slow I lose it I will have excess skin. I have too much to lose not to so that will not stop me from losing it faster rather than slower.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    approx 6 months. I lost 10lbs a month for almost a year straight. Now It's coming off waaaaaaaaay slower.
  • spackham
    spackham Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I'd shoot for 40 and that would be considered VERY fast. You could do that and you will be feeling great by then if you are exercising too. Read up about the starvation mode thing cause if you go too low for 3 months you could be creating problems for future weight loss goals. Lose 40 and feel like a million bucks and be on track for future losses too. Good luck! You can do this. With MFP it's easy and does not feel like a diet. It really feels like a lifestyle.
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    55 lbs in 5 months for me. I think everyone is different. I have logged more exercise hours in the last 5 months than most people do in a year. It takes a lot of work and a lot of knowledge. I've had to adjust the amounts and types of workouts and my daily calorie allowance has been down and up and down and up. Find what works for you. We can all give you all kinds of advice but ultimately you need to find a groove that you can handle and that you can stick with. G'luck! Feel free to send a friend request. I'd be absolutely willing to share ideas with you :)
  • AutumnisBSB
    Options
    Thanks for the comments. I know how to do it. I have dieted on and off for years. I know what to do it is just doing it and sticking with it. I am sticking with my goal of 60. I will be happy with 50.
  • Elli8709
    Elli8709 Posts: 5
    Options
    I think if we work together we can do it!!
  • lisafred24
    lisafred24 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I has taken me 3 months to lose 33 lbs.
  • Clinton1074
    Clinton1074 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am down 57 lbs in about 14 weeks or 3.5 months.
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    It took me about a year to lose 50lbs. Have you thought about working with a trainer at a gym?? They may be able to help you reach your goal by September in the healthiest way possible. Good luck!! :)
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    It took me six months to lose 60 pounds!!!
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    It took me about a year to lose the first 60 lbs...but there was about a 3 month period in the middle where I had some health problems and didn't exercise, therefore I didn't lose. However, this year I've lost about 40 lbs in 6 months.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I don't know about 60 lbs, but it has taken me 8 months to lose 44 lbs. I didn't exercise in the beginning though, just watched what I ate (for about 4 months).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!