I'm on a mission!

Options
I'm a newbie and trying this out to help me to be more aware of what I'm eating. I'm in my 40's and a former division I athlete. So working out the way I used to is not my reality right now. I was never really concerned about what I ate before. So this is going to be an awesome tool if it works for me to eat healthy.:glasses: :glasses:

Replies

• jens4thesooners
    jens4thesooners Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new also, we can do this! Love your topic "I'm on a mission!"
  • divafresh
    divafresh Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks.
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    I just started this yesterday. I downloaded the app on my blackberry and Im so glad I can connect with real people too! Im 22 and seriously overweight, part of the reason I put off my wedding sadly. my long term goal is to be around 180 (where i was 2 years ago) I would love to stay in touch with you and hoepfully we can reach goals together :) GOod luck!
  • Sly77
    Sly77 Posts: 21
    Options
    Welcome on board! :-)
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all of you divas on a mission. :flowerforyou:
    I think you'll find this site so very supportive and motivational. Take a look at some of the success stories and understand that you can have what you want in life - it just takes a lot of work. There will be bad days - there could be a series of bad days - but you are in control...get right back up and know that tomorrow is a new day.
    For me, I am my own worst enemy and sometimes it helps to come on here and get motivated instead of beating myself up.
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • googagene
    googagene Posts: 32
    Options
    Myfitnesspal works but you need to be honest with it. Remember if you bite it, you write it! That's the best suggestion I can give you. If you're ready you can do it!!! Sit down and set short term AND your long term goals. Don't expect results overnight - Losing weight correctly is a slow life changing process. Be accountable - Log everything as accuately as you can. If you go over on a day KNOW that tomorrow is a new day to make the best choice. Don't be too hard on yourself - You're doing this to feel better and enjoy life more. Don't allow yourself to go overboard and take the joy out of life. Lastly, you have backup and you're not alone. Use all the resources you can. Get a group together for a weight loss challenge, join group exercise classes, or a work out buddy. Come to the boards if you have questions. I find myself reading success stories to remind myself that I'm going to be one of them. Just be consistant and you'll succeed. Oh, and water! water! water!
  • Reese104
    Reese104 Posts: 26
    Options
    welcome! im new too! what brought you to the site?