SHRINK MY STOMACH!!!

Autumnskies
Autumnskies Posts: 16
edited September 28 in Fitness and Exercise
So I have lost 33 lbs, and over 18 inches last time I measured. The biggest loss of inches was my hips, and I can really tell my butt is getting smaller! yay! I have noticed the sides of my stomach are getting harder, and tightening up, but how do I get rid of all the belly fat I still have? Is there any certain exercises that can help speed up the process?

Replies

• slimmedawn
    slimmedawn Posts: 33
    i would be interested to know this also :)
  • Salpica
    Salpica Posts: 205 Member
    You can't target areas. Fat will come off in whatever way it pleases, and it's dependent on the person. So there is really no exercise that will cause the fat in your stomach to come off quicker than other areas.

Personally I'd focus more on ab exercises though to help build muscle in that area. It should help tighten things up more.
  • cbbradshaw
    cbbradshaw Posts: 14
    I think Erik is right. Although, I must say, that you really look great. I can tell a big difference in your pictures. Great job and keep it up!
  • emmacomeau
    emmacomeau Posts: 11
    Try doing reps of Plank Position. Start by lying face down on the ground or use an exercise mat. With your weight on your forearms push your body up into the upper position of a push up and hold it for thirty seconds. Then release and do it for 20. Then release and do it for 10. Here's an article with pictures if I didn't explain it well enough.

http://www.abs-exercise-advice.com/plank.html
  • rachpiper720
    rachpiper720 Posts: 204
    Like Erik said, you can't target where you want to lose. However, you can speed up that process. Cutting back carbs will help tons, especially with water retention. Then, doing high intensity interval training and body weight exercises that engage your total core can help.
This discussion has been closed.