Wedding Workout - need friends!

Options
Hello all,
I'm getting married in May 2016 and I am currently at my heaviest. Decided it was time to get a bit more disciplined. I am looking for other people to add as friends and help keep the motivation going! Please add me!

Replies

• BeccaKay96
    BeccaKay96 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm getting married in August 2016 and it ia a huge motivator to get my life on track! Add me
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    BeccaKay96 wrote: »
    Hey there! I'm getting married in August 2016 and it ia a huge motivator to get my life on track! Add me

August 2016 here too! It's definitely been a motivator for me to be more consistent.
  • dizzylizzy213
    dizzylizzy213 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello, my wedding is also in May 2016 and I am hoping to loose at least 10 pounds by then!
    Can't loose much more because I already bought the dress!
  • smithie092015
    smithie092015 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    August 2016 for me as well. I'm planning to loose 8-10 pounds before I dress shop in November and then tone and maintain after that.
  • jflanaganasl
    jflanaganasl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've purchased my dress and my goal is to lose about 30lbs. Most dresses can be taken in up to 4 sizes, so here's hoping lol
  • sjcallis
    sjcallis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    With only 5 weeks until my wedding, I just hit my heaviest. Needing to shed 20 pounds to get to my goal weight, but I am a really picky eater and most of the things I like are not healthy. I'm at a lack of motivation point and I'm worried I won't fit in my dress anymore.
  • jflanaganasl
    jflanaganasl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    sjcallis wrote: »
    With only 5 weeks until my wedding, I just hit my heaviest. Needing to shed 20 pounds to get to my goal weight, but I am a really picky eater and most of the things I like are not healthy. I'm at a lack of motivation point and I'm worried I won't fit in my dress anymore.
    Don't give up! I am a picky eater too. It's all about trying things you normally wouldn't try and omitting or making substitutions as necessary. For instance, I thought I hated black beans before I found a few creative ways to make them, and now I use them in everything! Browse healthy recipes on Pinterest for inspiration. Your motivation should be this: if your lifestyle doesn't change, you might have a problem fitting into your dress, and after the wedding, you might continue to gain weight and be unhealthy. Improve the quality of your life long-term by doing something now. :smile:
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options

Have you checked to see if your dress still fits? With 5 weeks to go, you need to be realistic about how much you can lose. I'd be checking in with your dress maker or whoever is doing your fittings to check how the dress fits and whether it should be altered. When it's so close to the wedding, it's generally recommended that you keep your weight static so that the dress isn't falling off/not doing up on the day.
  • sjcallis
    Options

Have you checked to see if your dress still fits? With 5 weeks to go, you need to be realistic about how much you can lose. I'd be checking in with your dress maker or whoever is doing your fittings to check how the dress fits and whether it should be altered. When it's so close to the wedding, it's generally recommended that you keep your weight static so that the dress isn't falling off/not doing up on the day.

I did. I tried it on Saturday and it is close, but doesn't fit. Realistically, losing about 5 pounds would probably do the trick. I definitely don't want to have problems on the wedding day, so we may be going back to get it altered. However, we already altered it once and had the final dress fitting.

• sjcallis
    Options
    Don't give up! I am a picky eater too. It's all about trying things you normally wouldn't try and omitting or making substitutions as necessary. For instance, I thought I hated black beans before I found a few creative ways to make them, and now I use them in everything! Browse healthy recipes on Pinterest for inspiration. Your motivation should be this: if your lifestyle doesn't change, you might have a problem fitting into your dress, and after the wedding, you might continue to gain weight and be unhealthy. Improve the quality of your life long-term by doing something now. :smile:

Yes! I look up the healthy recipes on Pinterest. I should try looking up creative ways to make things. Usually, if it has something I don't like in it I automatically rule it out.
  • maggie_eats
    maggie_eats Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    A little tardy to the party but I'm a May 2016 bride. Can I get in on the "fun"?
  • CampLondon
    CampLondon Posts: 239 Member
    Options