Does flavored water count?

Options
I don't feel 100% today, and drinking my water is hard. I have some sugar-free cherry limeade packets that make it a lot easier to get down. There is practically nothing in it. Can I still count these towards my water goal? Thanks!

Replies

• cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Yes you can still count as water intake!!
  • sshap21712
    sshap21712 Posts: 139
    Options
    It would depend on the sodium in the packets. High sodium tends to make you retain water. Otherwise, yes!
  • beachbumdoug
    beachbumdoug Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    i count my mio water as intake
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I would say yes, some people say that you can count even the water in your coffee...which I don't do, haha, but technically you could!
  • DRay64
    DRay64 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I count mine as intake. Its the only way I'll drink water.
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I always down a litre of water at the gym and it's mixed with Xtend - I count it :)
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I would say it does! Especially if you aren't feeling great - any way you can get extra water into your body is going to help you start feeling better. I always count my flavored water. =)
  • mehdiz
    mehdiz Posts: 2
    Options
    When it's that hard for me I use Mio to "enhance" my water. I count it as intake as well.
  • TheDeviation
    TheDeviation Posts: 149
    Options
    Counts as water. Just watch what's in those packets. Might be sugar free, but may not be sodium free.
  • bjmk19047
    bjmk19047 Posts: 123
    Options
    Yes it counts. Just make sure you read the package contents and log it correctly!
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    How is that mio water??? I have wanted to try it for a while, but just haven't gotten around to buying it.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you ate that pack of flavoring and then drank the water plain, you would count it, right? Mixing them doesn't change the fact that you still have the same glass of water you started with.
  • cindysharp1
    Options
    I feel your pain sometimes just plain water doesn't cut it. I count my sparkling water it doesn't have any sugar or sodium and the carbonation is a nice change and I can stay away from the diet pepsi.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I count the zero calorie ones. Just make sure they don't have anything added like salt.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    No cafeine, Sugar Free, Non Carbonated = Water.

I too like the Mio, much better than Crystal Light.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    They have 10mg of sodium in a package. Is that ok? Its Target brand sugar free cherry limeade. It's DELIGHTFUL!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    They have 10mg of sodium in a package. Is that ok? Its Target brand sugar free cherry limeade. It's DELIGHTFUL!

The sodium would add to the overall total of your daily sodium intake. But it doesn't change the water content of the glass.
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    i sometimes use the strawberry limeade from target...sugar free and 0 calories and i agree, they are yummy! i count it as water but put it in my diary too because of the sodium! and i only use 1/2 a pack. so, i dont see why you shouldnt! at least it gets you drinking water.
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options

I love the Market Pantry Lime Margarita flavor ;-) I just *love* everything Target actually!