Mr. Chunky's Adventures Chapter One: Looking for a Few Good Friends

I've been a big boy ever since I was discharged from the USAF a long time ago. The war made me overeat with three squares a day, (something I never did in my early life), and an introduction to beer and alcohol helped push me to a weight near that of a small elephant.

Unbeknownst to me, about four years ago the government informed me that my diabetes, which I had for near 25 years, and several of my other ongoing ailments, were all caused by Agent Orange.

Imagine that. Poisoned by my own kind.

This week, after somewhat in control my diabetes, my luck ran out and now I'm a insulin-injecting junkie. And I don't like it.

Soooo...I find myself on another of life's bumpy roads...this one calling for attention to, wait for it..."counting carbs" and doing, yes, the" E-bomb"... EXERCISE. Ugh.

Join me as I start my journey and go where Mr. Chunky has never gone before...

I have completed 3 consecutive days of trying to master MyFitnessPal, and try to compute how many carbs I can do in a single setting. The last time I did anything for 3 consecutive days my old friends called it a "binge".

Just reply with a comment and you'll be on the ride of my lifetime. I promise no one will get hurt.
Only serious, similar buffoons need apply.

-Mr. Chunky

Replies

• bubbajoe1066
    bubbajoe1066 Posts: 95 Member
    edited January 2016
    thank you for your service and sacrifice....i'm right there with you..looking to drop a few myself...ok...ok..twist my arm...100...dropped 5 in my first week..95 to go. and if i can anyone can.... i'm sure you'll succeed...you made it this far...stay strong...oh and drink lots of water..its what i keep hearing around here...seems to work...i feel like a camel
  • jhollen125
    jhollen125 Posts: 11 Member
    Hellooo Bubba Joe!
    You look like Steven Tyler in your photo.
    Water has always been my favorite drink, especially when I used to call for a "Double Jack and Water Back"...now it's just the H2O...Ten glasses a day...kidneys need to be watered down ya know.
    Lets do this together Bro...100 lbs... be gone you Devil!
    Thanks for your reply.
    - Mr. C.
  • karierogers
    karierogers Posts: 9 Member
    I'm in!! I would love to follow you on your journey!
    If you can serve in the military-you can do this!!
  • Sandyscandy47
    Sandyscandy47 Posts: 58 Member
    I believe in you...perseverance!!! Together in this journey. High protein foods that give energy while using fat stored in the body and laying off on the carbs...which I love so much with exercise of course is the new adventure of a lifetime to come for us!!! May God bless you for serving our country
  • jhollen125
    Thanks Momma (I assume those are your kids...if not they look nice on you)...
    Come on in...the journey is just beginning...bring the little ones along. If they get hungry they can take a bite out of me...I won't miss it. Ha! - Mr Chunky.
  • jhollen125
    Thanks Miss Candy... I love this Grand Ole Country!
    Carbs to me are Lucifer himself... He gotta go...
    Thanks for joining the adventure!
    -Mr. Chunky
  • heatherluuu
    heatherluuu Posts: 58 Member
    Now that's a tagline guaranteed to get attention! I'm down for an adventure!
    And thank you for your service.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Hello ! You can do this ! My husband is going through the same thing with diabetes, it really does suck:( but you can do it !!
  • JennyLynnMSO
    JennyLynnMSO Posts: 12 Member
    jhollen125 wrote: »
    Hellooo Bubba Joe!
    You look like Steven Tyler in your photo.
    - Mr. C.

I'm dying, Mr. Chunky!

You seem like a sharp tack, sir: I'm certain you're capable of getting control of your health. I'd be delighted to read your witty progress reports, participate in your health binge and offer support however I can.

I'm a pastry chef, so I have a vexed relationship with food myself. I also love wine, and can really guzzle the stuff if I'm not paying attention. I have fallen into slothful habits over these winter months and very much need to exercise.

How about we root for each other's success?

• jhollen125
    Jennster...welcome to my magic carpet ride! On the way will defend ourselves against the pastry sirens, and fall to that ole Devil "exercise".
    I've never been into wine...the world doesn't have enough Roland's to help me there...but I could devour mine and your fair share of whiskey. Them days is over...A 12 step program got in the way of that devious lifestyle. I'm a good guy once again.
    I look forward to the rooting for ya. Life is good. - Mr. Chunky