30 Day Shred

Options
Hi guys.

Sorry if this has been asked before,
ive got back into the swing of things after a few injuries last year, with the gyms being soo busy at this time of the year ive starting out doing 30DS by Jillian Michaels, but im wondering is it enough of a workout?

Im on day 6 of level 1, it gets my heart rate going, sweating and im sore the next day but by the time im finished the workout i feel like i could do it another 3 times, anyone finished the full 30 days/3 levels and had good results by purely doing this and keeping a healthy diet?
were your results good?

a bit of info about myself:-
Male
Weight: 16st 9lbs
Height: 5ft 10in
Waist size: UK 36" to 38"
Chest: UK 42" to 44" (between a UK Large & X-Large shirt size)
Belly: ive got a beer belly approx 44" :neutral:
diet: source of lean protein with greens and/or salad. usually small condiment for flavouring (tbs) i have the odd cheat treat, i.e bar of chocolate (so far ive swapped them for cerial/seed & nut bars) and ive upped my water intake.

anyway im waffling now, any comments/advice/encouragement would be appreciated. even before/after pics for encourgment.

thanks.

Replies

• ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I did this dvd at the very start of my loss, did wonders for me if you're finding it easier just go faster or use heavier weights but untill you nail level 3, I'd say stick with it :)
  • tasch79
    tasch79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 2 of 30DS at the moment. I did 4 days of Level 1. I had been running a fair bit and doing some other programs previous to starting so I was ready to move into Level 2 a bit sooner than the 10 days.

If you want to do the full 10 days at each level, then perhaps increase the weights.
  • stepea83
    stepea83 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    thanks guys, will defo stick with it. i have sore legs and shoulder/chest muscles so it must be doing something.
    il increase the weights and im due back to playing football so this should also help with added activities.
  • adrich430
    adrich430 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm on day 3, level one, and just wondering how you log it in your diary? I'm using circuit training general for 20 minutes. Does that sound about right? TIA
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    adrich430 wrote: »
    Hi! I'm on day 3, level one, and just wondering how you log it in your diary? I'm using circuit training general for 20 minutes. Does that sound about right? TIA

Yep, I always logged it as 20 min of circuit training.
  • doesthisappmakemelookfat
    Options
    Try other free online HIIT videos. Insanity is quite a bit harder, and just as motivating. Probably so is P90X, though I haven't done it. I can see where 30DS is a beginner video. It kills me, but I'm a beginner.
  • adrich430
    adrich430 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks Dianne!

Doesthis, I'm definitely a beginner, Insanity is something I'll have to work up to- thanks for the tip
  • stepea83
    stepea83 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    insanity is brutal! defo have to work up to that.