Huh
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    It helps you stay alive.
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Yes and no. Drinking water by itself does not help you lose weight but it will keep you hydrated and feeling fuller so you tend to eat less.

See the following link: http://www.womenshealthmag.com/weight-loss/qa-can-water-really-help-you-lose-weight
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Yes, it does. I tend to feel hunger if I go too long without drinking something, even if I shouldn't be hungry. Anytime I'm hungry and I don't think I should be I drink a big glass of water. Most of the time the hunger goes away.
  • AdrianChr92
    AdrianChr92 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Not directly. But the more water you drink, the less your body will retain, therefore you lose water weight. If you don’t drink a lot of it your body tends to store it
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    you are not going to lose weight by drinking water... However, it can aid in weight loss. I drink 1/2 my weight in water oz each day. Not only does it keep me hydrated, it makes skin looks amazing and it keeps me feeling full, which in turn helps me to eat less and eating less helps you to lose weight. Round about way, water helps you lose weight. :p
  • jinkagirl
    jinkagirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sometimes your body can confuse hunger for thirst....if you feel hungry try drinking a big glass of water first, wait about 15-20 mins and then see if you are still hungry. Your brain and stomach take that 15-20mins to figure each other out!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Water, by itself, cannot help you lose weight. It CAN help you create a deficit if you substitute it for higher calorie drinks like soda and fancy coffee drinks. Having some on hand to sip on also can help keep you from snacking when you actually aren't hungry. Fluids in general help your body function at its best.
  • toe1226
    toe1226 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Drinking water, sleeping, exercising, and getting adequate nutrition are all human requirements. when you are short on your human requirements, the conditions of your biology are more likely to work against you in all of your processes and functions, including but not limited to weight loss. So, buy fulfilling all of your human requirements, you are putting your body into the best condition it can be in to lose weight. That being said, NO. Water doesn't make you lose weight.
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Well you should keep yourself hydrated. I read somewhere that if you are not hydrated that it can stall weight loss. Is this true?
  • Angelahamilton33
    Angelahamilton33 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Here's what I've learned about water
    It is essential for your body and if you're wanting to lose weight,Water alone won't do it. However water plays a major and key role in the aid of Weightloss. For example, I can tell in my face if I don't drink enough water. I drink a large amount of water every day to lower the rate by body retains it. So it's a yes and no answer. Just make it simple for yourself and aim to drink a good amount of water everyday especially if you're excercising. Several quality health benefits from it.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    It helps you stay alive.

That was, word for word, what I came here to post.