PCOS + Phentermine + Diet - Starting today!

Options
Just heard about this website today. I'm going to start using it to track my progress. I have PCOS and just started Phentermine and a low cal diet plan last week. Looking forward to success!

Replies

• kkhall29
    kkhall29 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to ya! I also suffer from PCOS and completely understand your fight. Hang in there you can do this.

7929111.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss[/ur
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My sister also has PCOS and has struggled with weight as well. Let me know what works for you so maybe I can send some tips her way!
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS and was on Phentermine the first 2 months I was on MFP. Once I gained control of myself, I stopped the Phen & kept going strong. You can do it too and I applaud you for taking control! I am proof that you can make a lifelong change despite your hurdles!
  • mblou
    mblou Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for your encouragement!
  • LimeyTart
    LimeyTart Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! Many on here will give you a tough time over the Phen, but I used it at the beginning of my journey and as long as you keep up the lifestyle changes that you make to go along with it, you should be able to succeed!
  • missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I agree I used Phen when I first started and as long as you learn to pay attention to your body you will learn how to transition off of it and keep going. Learning a new lifestyle is hard so who is anyone else to judge you on your learning methods... good luck!

oh and I forgot to add I work as a nurse in a clinic that prescribes the phen along with the b12 lipo injections so I have seen people with some AMAZING results! You have to dedicate yourself and not expect the pills to be a magic fix!
  • jude666
    jude666 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS - i've never heard of Phentermine, what is this?

The only thing my doctor prescribed me when I was first diagnosed (over 10 years ago now) was the contraceptive pill to keep my periods regular. Oh and he told me to lose weight. (easier said than done). I found it a lot easier to lose weight then, i was young though - only 17 and I was a lot bigger then (13 stone - 182lbs). I managed to slim down to 10.5 stone but have since crept up to 11 and that is where I remain.

I recently got halfway through L2 of 30DS (have since restarted as i'm going on my hols soon!). Although my body changed and certain areas shrinked my weight stayed the same the whole time. Not one pound was lost. If anybody has any tricks up their sleeve for fellow PCOS's I definitely would love to find out! I only want to shed a couple more stone, maybe just a stone and a half but it just ISN'T budging :sad:
  • GrippsGirl
    Options
    I also have PCOS :( I started taking the phen exactly one week ago today. I decided to weigh myself and was pleased to see the scale drop 6 pounds!!! I eat very healthy and I started being more active throughout the day. I still have 94 pounds left to be at my goal weight of 150 but today just motivated me more. Good luck I know its hard with the PCOS but PHEN is REALLY helping me!
  • murphysraven
    Options
    I also have PCOS and have struggled with getting the weight off. I take glucophage (metformin) to help with the insulin resistance. I am also eating better after having completed a month program with a nutritionist to learn how to eat for insulin resistance. I am exercising now and slowly seeing the scale numbers move in the direction I want it to (YAY) but i know it will be a long journey.

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • bubbles1791
    Options
    How do you go about getting Phen? I know that it has to be prescription right?...
    Thanks!
  • livlovra
    livlovra Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    HI everyone! I am pretty new on here and also a PCOS sufferer. Thought I might not be able to conceive but by following a low GI diet I not only lost weight but have two beautiful bouncing babies. I would recommend it for anyone with PCOS. Now studying nutritional therapy as a result of my experience and focused on PCOS and GI is the way ahead.

Post birth on no. 2 and also breast feeding so trying to drop some pounds without compromising milk production (really hard as have mad sugar cravings! ) So here I am on here and hoping you can all give me some motivation.

Good luck to everyone!
  • chicpower1
    chicpower1 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I also have PCOS. Be sure to keep close dibs on your blood pressure. Phentermine caused mine to go up, even though I've never in my life had high BP. So keep an eye on it. Welcome to our group! I've been here 3 days myself.
  • cocobones
    cocobones Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @livlovra did you also use the Phen to reach your goals?
  • livlovra
    livlovra Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    No just change in diet. Very strict low GI but in basics it was no wheat no dairy and no refined sugar. Worked for my sister too - she was trying for 2 years, changed her diet and conceived in 3 months!
  • crgiron
    crgiron Posts: 1
    Options
    I also have pcos and startred Phen on May 1 and today Im 6 pounds lighter!