Just starting my 2nd year of weight loss!

Hello my friends in fitness. Last year I managed to shed +/-35 lbs over the course of the year eating very low carb. For the last couple of months I have been fluctuating between 166 and 170#. My goal is 155, so I am embarking on the my fitness pal program to reach my goal in 2016. I used it for one day and can already see so many deficiencies in my diet! It's time to ratchet down the caloric intake to reach goal.

Replies

• W72869
    W72869 Posts: 1 Member
    That's awesome!! I admire you for sticking with it! I on the other hand have for the past 2 1/2 years managed to lose 30 then gain back 35 twice. Ha! About a week ago I got back on the wagon and hoping this time I will be successful! Good luck, you can do it!!
  • jpvanzut
    jpvanzut Posts: 22 Member
    Congrats! I'm wondering how many grams of carbs a day you were consuming on a low carb diet?
  • darmiller2016
    darmiller2016 Posts: 3 Member
    I started 2015 diagnosed as a prediabetic. I started by eliminating only potatoes, rice, bread, and all sugar. Once my weight stagnated, I started counting carbs keeping it to 20. Again, once it stagnated, I went to a zero carb diet. Once again, I'm stuck...now at about 166. Now I am starting calorie counting. This is where myfitnesspal comes in for me. A calorie restrictive diet is the only thing that I think will get my weight loss going again.
  • darmiller2016
    darmiller2016 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi! W72869 You can do it again too! I believe weight loss is a lot like quitting smoking. It may take several times before it sticks. And that's ok. As long as you keep trying because it's such an important thing you can do for your health.