Smoothies

Options
Does anyone know best place yo find good healthy smoothie recipes or any smoothie recipe books that are good. I make a few myself but want some i know that are healthy , i am new to smoothie making as i just got a Ninja for Christmas. Thanks

Replies

• gettingittogether15
    Options
    Pinterest is an awesome resource especially for recipes of any kind! Just search "healthy smoothie" or browse through the health section.
  • bigbodybake
    bigbodybake Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the nutribullet app, a lot of good suggestions on there, it's free so maybe worth a try
  • nymoose
    nymoose Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks will check both suggestions out
  • athens1000
    athens1000 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Theres a website called simple green smoothies. They also have a facebook page.. really good recipes, lots to choose from!!!
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Keep it simple, so you can keep the habit for life. And go kiss the person that gave you this.
    Simple is mixed greens, frozen fruit, flaxmeal or chia seeds, water or almond milk.
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Keep it simple, so you can keep the habit for life. And go kiss the person that gave you this.
    Simple is mixed greens, frozen fruit, flaxmeal or chia seeds, water or almond milk.

Agreed. Greens/mild tasting veg. (Celery, broccoli)+ fruit (frozen works well) + liquid + healthy fat (nuts, seeds, abaca do, etc.) + protein powder (if desired)
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    1.5 cups almond milk
    .5 cup carrot juice
    2 cups spinach
    1 cup frozen berries
    1 banana
    2tbsp gainzbutter
    1 scoop whey protein
    1tsp fish oil
    Ground flax seed(for fibre)

There's your aminos, essential fats, carbs, minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants all in one shake. Plus it's extremely filling. Take note it is a high calorie shake, and can also have oatmeal added to it if you're looking for some slow digesting carbs.

• nymoose
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I will be checking sites out and testing recipes.
    Have to say this Ninja IQ does produce smooth smoothies.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Smoothies are so easy and you can make your own. I usually do half a a banana and frozen fruit, some whey protein, and almond or coconut milk. My favorites are banana with mango and pineapple and vanilla whey or banana with cherries and chocolate whey.
  • nymoose
    Options
    I tried one using frozen banana n yuck do they taste different if u use fresh banana
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    my favorite smoothie of all time is
    pinneapple
    mango
    peach
    banana
    vanilla keifer or vanilla greek yogurt
    spinach
    flaxseed
    and coconut flakes.

i make it pretty small comes out to around 250-300 cals.
  • Strivingforhealth12
    Options

Yup. I use kale, frozen berries and/or mango, ground flax, chia, Greek yogurt, almond milk. Lots of calcium.
  • rsierra54
    rsierra54 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How do you end up knowing what to log for tracking puposes?
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    rsierra54 wrote: »
    How do you end up knowing what to log for tracking puposes?

Weigh each ingredient before putting it in the blender