help needed regarding water intake

Options
can anyone please clarify for me how many Millilitres are there in a "glass" of water. the site says to drink 8 glasses of water per day. When I research this online it always comes abck as 80z being a glass. I live in the UK, we dont use oz for liquid measures we use MLs. anyone from UK on here, can you tell me how mush is one glass please??? many thanks guys.

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be snarky here, but in the time you posted this question, couldn't you have just put it in google and got an immediate response?
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I typed in 8oz to ml and the result came right up at 236.yadayadayada ml
  • celia34
    celia34 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    cheers
  • celia34
    celia34 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i think i will just round it up to 250, makes life easier :#
  • athens1000
    athens1000 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    forget measuring, just drink alot of water :)
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    1.5 litres a day should be enough.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    As long as your urine is not cloudy or brownish, you are drinking enough.
    If you could read a newspaper at the bottom of the toilet, you are drinking enough.
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I use a 22 oz. filtered water bottle & consume 3 bottles/day on average. I find this the easiest way of tracking water intake. I drink coffee & tea in addition to this. Urine should be the colour of lemonade or pale straw.
  • achagpar
    achagpar Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    1 cup = 8 oz = 250 ml
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    As others have said in the UK a cup equates to 250 mls so MFP's recommendation is 2 litres per day. However the amount you need is personal, based on ambient temperatures, activity levels etc. The main thing is to ensure that you remain hydrated (urine a pale straw colour) and other drinks like tea, coffee, milk, soda and beer all count towards your water intake, although not sure I would recommend 2 litres of coffee or beer per day as a replacement :)