Looking for low fat brownie recipe?

Todd
Todd Posts: 22
My wife loves chocolate, especially brownies. Anyone know of any good tasting, low fat (or calories) brownie recipe? I went to the store the other day and I did not find anything boxed brownies from Pillsbury or Duncan Hines.

Replies

• Todd
    My wife loves chocolate, especially brownies. Anyone know of any good tasting, low fat (or calories) brownie recipe? I went to the store the other day and I did not find anything boxed brownies from Pillsbury or Duncan Hines.
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Someone just mentioned this the other day....I think they are called pudge-free or something?
    You have to order the mix and then make it with apple sauce for low fat, really yummy (apparently!) brownies! lol Good luck!
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    before egg allegies changed my baking habits, here's one I used (I think it's the right one anyway). I also used to cut them and put them in single serving ziplock bags in the freezer to help me stick to only 1.

low-fat brownies

1/2 c egg substitute
    1 can (14 0z) fat free sweetened condensed milk
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1 1/3 c all purpose flour
    1 1/4 cup sugar
    3/4 c baking cocoa
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp salt

beat egg substitiute for 1 min. - until frothy and slightly thicken3ed. Stir in milk and vanilla. Combine in separate bowl the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, salt; add to egg mixture and mix well.

pour into a 9x13x 2 in pan coated iwth nonstick cookie spary. bake at 350 for 18-22 min or untila toothpick insterted near the center comes out clean

nutrition - 1/24th of recipe
    124 calories
    1 g fat (trace)
    1 mg cholesterol
    85 mg sodium
    27 g carbohydrates
    1 g fiber
    3 g protien

I would think if you used spelenda it would taste the same and cut the calories.

PS - sorry for typo's - I have a 3 year old helping me type.
  • MissMouse85
    MissMouse85 Posts: 38 Member
    Someone just mentioned this the other day....I think they are called pudge-free or something?
    You have to order the mix and then make it with apple sauce for low fat, really yummy (apparently!) brownies! lol Good luck!

I think they're called No-Pudge Fudge Brownies. It has a picture of a piglet on the package, and the brownies are WICKED tasty. :smile:
  • Todd
    Thanks annhjk...I will give them a try!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    oh man that recipe sounds really good! I think this weekend will be baking weekend LOL...I'm gonna try those cupcakes and these brownies....I can be good and just have one a day if they are that low in cals! and my family will be soooo happy too....

Oh and annhjk, you made me laugh I too usually have a typing partner alittle older 7, but still "has" to help mommy lol

thanks again!
    Ali
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    I just use a box mix, I used pillsbury brand. Just mix 1/4c applesauce, 1/4c water and 4 eggwhites. It figured out to be 120 calories per brownie and that was including 1 cup of mini marshmallows I mixed into the batter. It definately satisfied the sweet tooth. They came out really yummy, just as good as regular. To keep from eating the whole pan, I wrapped some up with wax paper in between and put them in the freezer.