Vegan Protein powder...

Options
Has anyone tried Sunwarrior blend? What are your favorite plant based brands for smoothies?

Replies

• eugenia94102
    eugenia94102 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've never tried Sunwarrior. I've tried RAW (Garden of Life), PaleoMeal, and VegaOne. I like VegaOne best. I use them as meal replacement (specially when I travel). If I just wanted wanted the protein I would go for pea protein powders (it's much more affordable).
  • worddigger
    worddigger Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @eugenia94102
    Hey... Well, I got the Sunwarrior yesterday in both chocolate and Vanilla... The profile and price seemed the best for me, I didn't want rice protein. I want to try Vega, a bit costly right now but will try samples... Thanks for your feedback!
  • worldofalice
    worldofalice Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My favourite is Pulsin pea protein - you can add it to either sweet or savory and is really affordable! I tried the chocolate Sunwarrior in a shake and really had to force it down, I still have a couple of sample left though so may try using them in a beltsander brownie and see if I can mask the taste :')
  • KathyApplebaum
    KathyApplebaum Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I like the Orgain vegan chocolate fudge. I mix it with unsweetened almond milk, and sometimes I'll throw a banana in if I need extra carbs.
  • Tavahi
    Tavahi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Vega is eh. Sunwarrior is my favorite powder, vegan or nonvegan.
  • worddigger
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @worldofalice Oh, my... Well, I hope my experience is better than yours was, hahaha... All I can say is, I intend to like it ($$$$)! Never heard of it hat pea protein... Thanks...
  • worddigger
    Options
    @KathyApplebaum
    Orgain was one of the two I was looking at but went with the Sunwarrior because I didn't want the rice protein. Will have to try it at some point, as I hear good things about it...thanks!
  • worddigger
    Options
    @Tavahi
    Good to hear! I felt comfortable with my decision... Looks like a great product and it smells awesome, so... I'm going to try it soon, so I intend to be ok with it... Thanks!
  • Angelahamilton33
    Angelahamilton33 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I actually recently bought just a GNC brand of Whole plant based protein and it's delicious. I hated Vega Sport. Haven't tried Sun Warrior though
  • worddigger
    Options
    @Angelahamilton33
    Ah, good find! I think the Sunwarrior is a great product...I am excited to add it into my morning smoothie...thanks for your feedback!
  • MichelleS08
    MichelleS08 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I love Arbonne's protein, vegan, gluten free and tastes great
  • worddigger
    Options
    @MichelleS08
    Heard it was good...thanks!
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options

I hate mlm's but also use the Arbonne one with the fiber boost. It's yummy blended with a large cup of ice and almond milk.
  • MichelleS08
    MichelleS08 Posts: 109 Member
    Options

You can have your opinion on the business, but I love the product!

I hate mlm's but also use the Arbonne one with the fiber boost. It's yummy blended with a large cup of ice and almond milk.

• Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Earlier this year I had to eliminate all milk products from my diet including my Dymatize protein :'( The best in taste I've found so far is Plant by V (Vitamin Shoppes own brand). I just couldn't get along with Sun Warrior or Vega's taste which was disappointing as they're both good quality products.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I like Manitoba Harvest hemp protein fiber. :yum:
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    I like Manitoba Harvest hemp protein fiber. :yum:

How did you manage to get that stuff down? I like Raw Meal and Raw Fit and even I couldn't get past the taste of Manitoba Harvest. I mean, I like hemp seeds and all, but that stuff tastes like hemp concentrate or something
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    You can have your opinion on the business, but I love the product!

Yup! I'm not arguing with you. I also love the product.
  • worddigger
    Options
    @Ironmaiden4life
    Hey...I was looking at that one, funny you mention it because, up until I saw it the other day, I had never heard of it...will have to give it a try, I will most likely want a few products to switch on and off with...thanks for your feedback...