Need some advice or help with a plateau ive hit

Options
Started logging meals and maintaining a calorie budget of around 1540 back in October. Since then I have lost over 16 pounds by using MFP and working out regularly at least 4 or 5 times per week. Lately I am leveling or plateauing out. I have not gained but I am also not dropping t as easily as before. If anyone has any advice or help I would really appreciate it. I can provide more information if needed.

Replies

• Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Get a scale to measure Body Fat.. That's the only way to see what's really going on. You might be losing fat and gaining muscle, which would be perfect!
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    It's possible you need to adjust your calorie allotment for the day. If you're still eating the same calories per day as when you began, that could explain the stall.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you've lost weight?

I also agree with the above poster that if you haven't recalculated your calorie goal, it's past time. You should recalculate every 10lbs lost.

Lastly, refer to the nifty flow chart below:
    pq0911zcbuhd.jpg
  • Kvm11628
    Kvm11628 Posts: 7,386 Member
    Options
    What about workouts? Have you been doing the same workout? Your body will adjust to the activity and the intensity, so it is important to shake things up. Try a different type of workout, add intervals, or up the intensity. That might jumpstart your body out of the plateau.
  • johnjoiner37
    johnjoiner37 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Awesome advice thank you, I definitely need to change it up
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,952 Member
    Options
    Start using a trending weight app. as your weight loss slows you will have many time periods where you will seem to be circling the same weight... yet, when you look at it from a longer term perspective you will realize you were still losing. Unfortunately water weight variations make it hard to discern weight trends in the short term.

Libra Android, happy scale iphone, trendweight and weightrapher.com on the web.
  • macphiedotcom
    macphiedotcom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The plateau effect is normal and very common. Metabolism changing plus your are lighter anyway and probably fitter - which are good changes. Means you need to reset goals and lowering calorie intake just a little - measuring regularly to see when lose recommenced. You are resetting for a healthier you - good luck !