Feeling some discouragement

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Pam and I'm a RN. In 2015 I lost 100lbs but in November and December gained 22 back. I started again Monday (6 days ago) but have really been struggling; not only with food but getting into exercising like I was. I'm still a 100+ overweight with a goal of 73lbs this year (I weigh in at 272 so this figure brings me under 200). I feel so sad I gained back so much weight and alas now my struggles are to lose what I had already lost.

Any thing anyone has they think might help I'm ready to listen and use it. Pam

Replies

• Sandyscandy47
    Sandyscandy47 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Add me as your accountability partner, I ll do what I can....lots of water and high fiber food to fill you up

Sandy
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    First, a big congratulations on the 78 pound weight loss that you've done so far. That's a tremendous loss and you should be proud!!

You had a big holiday slip. You know what you need to do. You just need to commit to doing it. Count and log. If you can't exercise you have less calories to eat, but that shouldn't stop you from losing. I would bet once you've lost a few pounds the exercise bug will bite again.

Start slowly with the exercising. Add 1000 steps a day to what you currently do, or maybe a ten minute workout instead of 30 to get back into your habit. "Just hit play" if you use a workout DVD and do a part of it. Just get started.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Go back to the basics. Stick to your calorie goal. Log everything. Weigh and measure accurately. Then slowly add goals til you are back to where you want to be.

I check in at the "just for today -- daily commitment thread" every day. It helps me focus on not worrying about yesterday and tomorrow. I can focus on accomplishing my goals one day at a time.
  • zadowd
    zadowd Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am a RN too. I don't have much experience as I too have just started my journey but we nurses see set backs all the time in our patients, our diabetics, COPDers, etc. They happen but we know that getting back on track is important for quality of life. You can do this, you HAVE done it, you know what it takes!! Just make sure that 22lbs doesn't turn into 23 or 24!