Looking for vegan buddies!

Options
mistina
mistina Posts: 3 Member
edited January 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hello! Looking for vegan friends on here to motivate, inspire, and share recipes. I'm also gf/wheat free with celiac's running in my family. Feel free to add me as a friend of this is of interest to you! :# I am also a brain hemorrhage survivor in the 9th month of my recovery.

Replies

• hedgehogia
    hedgehogia Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Me too! I am attempting to really focus on no added oil, veggie and fruit strong, minimum whole grain approach to weight loss. Please feel free to add me anyone!
  • deralyngale
    deralyngale Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • maraccashaker
    maraccashaker Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there.
    Ive been vegan for nearly a year now. Would love to support and be supported by fellow vegans.
    Donna x
  • monetfuge
    monetfuge Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm not vegan more so paleo but I love rubbing shoulders with vegans as long as we both respect ea. Others preferences according to my bodies needs. I'm the vet. As a friend here.
  • saraperez2
    saraperez2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey - I just went vegan 4 days ago and am following the HCLF Starch Solution! Nice to meet you :-)
  • monetfuge
    Options
    So coo, I'm checking that out.
  • chalkfingers
    chalkfingers Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am not a vegan , but been a vegetarian for over 5 years, it is hard to eat a high protein diet and not eat meat.
  • wholesomenaturalbeauty
    Options
    Hey. I recently became vegan :) I'd love to talk! :smile:
  • ninamasbella
    ninamasbella Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yey!! Vegans and vegetarians and paleo people who like vegan food!! I've been practicing a vegan life style for 8 years now. (Disclaimer: I do use honey medicinally) I love what I eat, but I am trying to find the balance considering I am also mostly gluten free & I try to stay away from the processed soy products. Also as I track my food I'm noticing I'm not getting the recommended amounts of protein & I'm consuming way more salt, fat & sugar then is recommended as well. I would love to connect and share support, modivation, ideas and recipies! Hope everyone had an awesome weekend!! Here's to a successful week!
  • monetfuge
    Options
    @ninamasbella and maracashaker, please answer this question since I'm on the paleo meal plan.

Vegans name off ways you get your protein?
  • ninamasbella
    Options
    Nuts and seeds... Peas... Greens...
    This is one of my favorites... I use almond meal in place of the blanched almond meal and coconut oil in place of the coconut butter (and only 2 Tbs) they also never come out like bagles, so call them biscuits. http://paleoveganista.com/2014/12/10/paleo-vegan-bagels/
    I'm still getting familiar with what exactly paleo is.
  • ninamasbella
    Options
    Sorry it took me so long to reply... I just realized the bell with the # on it was a notification
  • norafitness22
    norafitness22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I decided to go vegan since well, today haha
  • suzielarose
    suzielarose Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    mistina wrote: »
    Hello! Looking for vegan friends on here to motivate, inspire, and share recipes. I'm also gf/wheat free with celiac's running in my family. Feel free to add me as a friend of this is of interest to you! :# I am also a brain hemorrhage survivor in the 9th month of my recovery.
    mistina wrote: »

• suzielarose
    suzielarose Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Rather new to this site , I'm vegan , since summer 2015 , became vegan after developing lactose intolerance. I was diagnosed Jan 2015 celiac. I am a very sensitive celiac and also get blisters on my hands . Since getting my health back on track after a year of being celiac sick and finding what I can actually eat I now do doubles of p90x! I do weight training now with 20lb Dumbbells ( last year at this time I was anemic , hands full of itchy blisters, hair falling out in clumps, lost 30lbs in one month lost finger nails I thought I was dying! So right now I feel awesome today I did 3 workouts ! I have my health back ! And I kick celiac a *kitten* now not celiac kicking my *kitten* anymore! Lol feel free to add me :)
  • Nuttynutnuts
    Nuttynutnuts Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey :) I've been vegan since 2005, would love more vegan buddies on here for ideas and motivation! I want to lose about 20lbs and get fitter! I like running and cycling