NEED TO LOOSE 100+LBS

Options
H E L L O ! My name is Kasie. Nice to meet you. Well, it would be nice to meet you I'm sure. Feel free to add me as a friend.
Today, I've eaten like I normally would but was more conscious of what I ate. I'm addicted to fast food, sugary drinks, and candy. Exercise is next to extinct. But I can change. I will change.
What challenges are you working on over coming? What challenge(s) have you overcame? Have any tips?
Thank you for your time.

Replies

• dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I've been logging for almost 18 months and I'm already almost to my goal. I have lost about 52 pounds and have about 3 to get to my goal. I would say this- be consistent, eat what you like, just less of it, count and log everything and if you don't own a food scale get one and weigh everything that is solid or semi solid. Start with small changes and once you get used to that add another small change. I am now eating higher protein and fiber because it keeps me fuller longer. Good luck to you. Feel free to add me if you like. And don't worry about exercise- just start small and try to find something- anything- that you enjoy. If you hate it you won't do it.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Best tip out there is be patient and consistent. Log the days you fall off the wagon. Keep yourself accountable. This weight didn't come on overnight and it won't come off overnight either.

Most of all, be kind to yourself. Make one goal at a time so you don't get overwhelmed. For example, maybe one week that goal is to walk for 30 minutes every day. Then the next week it is to replace one fast food meal with a more nutrient dense meal. You are aiming to create a lifestyle change, not to diet. It will help ensure that you don't fall back into unhealthy habits.

Good luck.
  • blessingsfromabove721
    Options
    Hi. You sound like you could be my twin. We should be friends :smiley:
  • tlrobinson83
    tlrobinson83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose about 90-100 I've lost about 70 so far. I did alot of walking in the summer but it's winter now so it's almost impossible. I eat under 30 grams of fat and around 1200 calories a day. I have a podometer on my phone to track my steps that really helps I try to use the steps more. I just don't have any energy sometimes. Any Advice. Thanks Tiffany
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,732 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose about 90-100 I've lost about 70 so far. I did alot of walking in the summer but it's winter now so it's almost impossible. I eat under 30 grams of fat and around 1200 calories a day. I have a podometer on my phone to track my steps that really helps I try to use the steps more. I just don't have any energy sometimes. Any Advice. Thanks Tiffany

Your deficit is excessive for the size of your body and your total daily energy expenditure. Even if obese the maximum safe (/sane/least problematic/least likely to cause other problems) DEFICIT you should be generating is up to 25%. By eating at 1200 you have been eating too little for too long and your body is starting to slow down and shut down in order to protect itself.

Can you power through this slow down and continue to lose weight? Of course you can.

Should you?

I personally believe that anyone who is not NETTING AFTER EXERCISE a good 100 calories more than the number they see here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/tools/bmr-calculator is doing themselves a dis-service.

Would eating that much slow down your weight loss? Quite possibly, yes. However it would allow for a safer weight loss with less adaptation and less lean mass lost and more time to develop strategies of how to eat and move to maintain that weight loss...
  • gettinfabnfit
    gettinfabnfit Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Can I still add you lol I need to lose about 65 m, I lost 65 on here previously and maintained for about 2 yrs but I just had a baby and I'm back to square 1
  • kbowe238
    kbowe238 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need to loose about 100 pounds too. I do a lot of "snacking"; cookies candy, etc. I am starting to feel a little depressed about the way I look. I'm just starting this week and I could use some help on getting started. I am going to start off slow, cut the soda and junk food. I've tried to diet multiple times and always fail. I'm not sure what is ok to eat, please help