Drink Alternatives

Options
I am trying to cut out soda, and I don't want to replace it with crystal light or something similar. I drink at least 100oz of water a day, and I like water just fine, but sometimes I want something with a little flavor to it. I've done lemon/orange/cucumber/etc in my water, but I'm looking for suggestions for something more juice...Please don't just suggest juice, I know that is an option :wink:
But if anyone has suggestions for what they drink that is natural besides water, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Replies

123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Tea.
  • LillysGranny
    LillysGranny Posts: 431
    Options
    Tea -- especially green. Loaded with all kinds of good stuff and supposed to help with weight loss. Decaf if you're sensitive!
  • sincereme
    sincereme Posts: 276
    Options
    When I crave soda, I fill a cup with seltzer water and add some cranberry juice just for the taste. Hits the spot everytime. Hope this helps!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    seltzer with a small amount of natural juice. the bubbles help trick you so you don't miss the soda.
  • sincereme
    sincereme Posts: 276
    Options
    seltzer with a small amount of natural juice. the bubbles help trick you so you don't miss the soda.

So funny, I just posted a similar reply...lol
  • autiemommy
    autiemommy Posts: 238
    Options
    I like the Diet green tea also i get the flavord sparkling waters from kroger and walmart when i feel the need for more then just water it satisfies the craving for m.
  • vanesa28
    vanesa28 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Diet Snapple is awesome! I believe mostly natural too.
  • tab143
    tab143 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    flavored tea, like peach or rasberry
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

So funny, I just posted a similar reply...lol

Great minds think alike...
  • heathermrls
    Options
    i drink these carbonated waters every now and then when i crave something with some bubbly. it is called clear american water. it has zero everything. and it comes in like 25 differant flavors. they sell them at walmart. they are all yummy. also mio is good. one squirt in water and you have juice without the calories or sugar.
  • 623Hernandez
    623Hernandez Posts: 458
    Options
    bump!! I am trying to quit soda. I was drinking like 3 to 4 diet sodas a day. I am trying to drink more water but I hate it. I am drinking crystal light but don't know how it is better than soda???
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Mio flavored enchancer?

Just curious.........

When I'm not drinking water, I drink unsweet tea and Sobe and Vitamin Zero drinks.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I bought a glass pitcher on Amazon that I use for tea. I really love mint tea... and I'll put it in the fridge to get it really cold. Sometimes I'll add stevia. Good stuff! Seltzer water is good too.
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    i thought i would get bored of water so i stocked up on sugar free summerfruits squash 2 mix with it but now i crave water and drink it all the time ive hardly drunk any squash! I tried green tea years ago because i love fruit tea but i hated it, but recently i tried green tea with apple and pear and i really like that, its really good for u 2, sometimes i let my friut tea go cold, chill it and drink it with ice just for a change. :bigsmile:
  • stangma
    stangma Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I found Metromint water at the Earth Fare store - the cherry/mint and the chocolate/mint are awesome. The bottles are 16.9 oz & were $1.25 each. But well worth it. The flavor is from extracts and essences - no artifical stuff. Very yummy.
  • MrsSki
    MrsSki Posts: 196
    Options
    Tea is good, but watch out for the sugars. I usually just do unsweetened iced tea, and if I feel like I need sugar I can add my own.