Newbie fell off the wagon. Looking for support!

Options
Hello! I'm back to the grind of not just losing weight being healthy overall.. my doctor recently explained I was obese and my dream of having children will be minimal and unsafe unless I get my weight down. So I'm back and looking for support and motivation! So add me! :)

Replies

• FullLifeNeil
    FullLifeNeil Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I'll add you and try to help keep you going!
  • embtreas
    embtreas Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am also obese and trying to get pregnant, its really hard to hear that from a doctor - I heard it too. I know you can do this, as can I, using this app shows we want to. Its just a decision, every time we go to eat or drink something that is bad for our weight goals, we have to make the decision to have the healthy option. You can add me - I dont post much but will support you in any way I can! Great job on getting back into it
  • White_hibiscus
    White_hibiscus Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Hey!! Add me if you like. Lets motivate & support each other in this journey. We can do this!

Cheers to a great successful 2016
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    If you're serious about weight loss I'd take this ap seriously and use it daily. If you give support you'll get support. I didn't use the community feature last time, had 23 friends, lost the weight but gained it back and some once I stopped logging. When I came back I decided that for life long health and maintenance I'd be more active. I'd also never stop logging. At 4# from goal I'm on here daily so that I don't slip.

Get a good group of friends and support them, and they'll support you on this lifestyle change! If my friends aren't supportive on my feed I delete them pretty quickly. Now I have 55 friends who are all on daily contributing. That's what works for me, at any rate.
  • White_hibiscus
    White_hibiscus Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    If you're serious about weight loss I'd take this ap seriously and use it daily. If you give support you'll get support. I didn't use the community feature last time, had 23 friends, lost the weight but gained it back and some once I stopped logging. When I came back I decided that for life long health and maintenance I'd be more active. I'd also never stop logging. At 4# from goal I'm on here daily so that I don't slip.

Get a good group of friends and support them, and they'll support you on this lifestyle change! If my friends aren't supportive on my feed I delete them pretty quickly. Now I have 55 friends who are all on daily contributing. That's what works for me, at any rate.

Cheers to this post.
  • xxichigoxchrissyxx
    Options
    Here is my question as a complete and udder newbie. How are you supportive on your feed for other people? Do I post statuses of my little victories and obviously do my diary each day? I am truly curious about this and would love to know so I can be a better friend as I am starting this journey for the first time.
  • sweetnsouthernsass
    sweetnsouthernsass Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have a group I just started today for a Valentine's Day weight loss challenge. You pick how much you want to lose and we do it together. Anyone interested just follow this link.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/111241-in-love-with-my-new-bod-valentines-day-challenge
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Adenise, I totally understand. I struggled with weight for as long as I can remember. I got to 150 in May 2014, I hovered around 155 for about a year so I stopped logging in. Now I'm 168. It doesn't seem like much but on my 5'2" frame it is. Besides it's almost 20lbs in 2years so I'm back again seriously to log on everyday and like Fiddletime said utilize the community which is something I didn't do before. I'm started to add friends and hopefully the support will help. One person mentioned to look at the success stories. I've been doing that and it keeps me motivated, especially when they seem to have had similar struggles. Good luck feel free to add me. ;)
  • wmd57
    wmd57 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, NonaMarie here. I'm new to this site. I'm in need of some support and motivation. I'm obese and need to lose at least 100 lbs. I started logging my food. I'm also recovering from a back injury, so my walking is limited to the inside of my local mall. So far I can make one circle around the inside. :smile:
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Here is my question as a complete and udder newbie. How are you supportive on your feed for other people? Do I post statuses of my little victories and obviously do my diary each day? I am truly curious about this and would love to know so I can be a better friend as I am starting this journey for the first time.

I skim my newsfeed every day. Sometimes I feel like commenting and other times I just like a post. I check diaries and if someone did something remarkable I give a positive comment. I occasionally post a status. I account for the time change and recognize that some friends are posting end of day when I'm waking up and I try to make sure I've at least liked something.

I review my friends list once a week and if I wonder who they are I go to their wall to see if they've posted anything in the past two weeks. Over time you'll get to know your friends and remember their stories. It gets to be a lot of fun then. Since I'm committed to this journey of weight loss and fitness I'm committed to making the most out of this community full of people on the same journey.

• VansBel374
    VansBel374 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I need the support and motivation as well. Feel free to add me.